Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or a repair facility that can straighten it if it's out of round. It has failed to keep pressure while driving on three different tires, so a new rim much be needed. Tire shop has remounted many times using many solvents/sealers. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are you sure that there are no pin holes in the rim?
Had that issue when my car was brand new. If you're in S.C. I know the place that can likely fix any wheel.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rim has been off, sent to a repair facility for a minor interior lip repair, and pronounced good. However it leaks air at 2psi per day more or less, when driven (not, when not driven). Tire has been on an off many times for resealing. Rim has been closely inspected without any observed defect. Air escapes around the bead. Move the tire on the rim, and the air continues to escape from where the air escaped from before, along the tire. Pirelli thinks it is the rim. Thinks the rim is out of round. Tire shop cannot check roundness of the rim, apparently. No adverse shakes or noises when driving when filled with the right amount of air. Problem ongoing for more than six months now.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Are you sure that there are no pin holes in the rim?
Had that issue when my car was brand new. If you're in S.C. I know the place that can likely fix any wheel.
Actually that was a bit too cryptic so let me elaborate. I had a similar problem years ago as one of my rear tires was constantly low on pressure and it doesn't take too much of a loss for the tire to come loose in a turn.
It turned out to be a pin hole in the actual wheel that was causing the pressure loss and Maserati could not replace the wheel because there were" no new ones available anywhere in the world". They finally agreed to weld up the hole and it worked fine for a few years until I hit a pot hole and re damaged the wheel--in an entirely different part of the wheel.
Bolton Wheel Repair in Gardena California made the second repair and when I got the wheel back, my tire shop was unable to mount it without the wheel continuing to lose air. I took it to a different shop to have the wheel remounted and it's been fine ever since. Because of this I had purchased an extra wheel off of ebay--just in case, but have never had to use it. I'd be happy to sell that one.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually that was a bit too cryptic so let me elaborate. I had a similar problem years ago as one of my rear tires was constantly low on pressure and it doesn't take too much of a loss for the tire to come loose in a turn.
It turned out to be a pin hole in the actual wheel that was causing the pressure loss and Maserati could not replace the wheel because there were" no new ones available anywhere in the world". They finally agreed to weld up the hole and it worked fine for a few years until I hit a pot hole and re damaged the wheel--in an entirely different part of the wheel.
Bolton Wheel Repair in Gardena California made the second repair and when I got the wheel back, my tire shop was unable to mount it without the wheel continuing to lose air. I took it to a different shop to have the wheel remounted and it's been fine ever since. Because of this I had purchased an extra wheel off of ebay--just in case, but have never had to use it. I'd be happy to sell that one.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately no service personnel I can find to deal with can establish a problem with the rim. If you are willing to sell yours and if it matches mine, please send me a pm and I will work with you to get that done, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts