Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Spyder and shop tells me I need a new heater core. Can the core be repaired or where can I find a suitable affordable replacement? Thanks

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You can either get one from Eurospares or Ricambi.

Someone has repaired his heater core with very little cost, and there was another guy who found out a similar replacement part from Alfa Romeo cars.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Try a search. The Alfa part (identical to the Maserati part) was a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Labor intensive since the entire dash has to come out. At the dealer around $5k and indy shop not far from that unless you are very handy with tools and cars, it's not impossible to do it urself and there is someone here who did it, it might be interesting taking such challenge. Let us know how it turns out.
Anyone here who owns a GS had issues with this? it seems to be a very way too common problem on coupes and I can believe there isn't a recall or at least a get-together class action suit. We all need to do something about this.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
My GS hasn't had a problem. Maybe its too new to have problems?

5 grand for a heater core replacement? thats just plain silly, it shouldn't cost more than $1k, not more.

·
Registered
409 Posts
call brian at Steve harris imports in salt lake city utah he will sell you the part, around 200 dollars i think, then you need to find someone to do the labor.......i did mine on my 02 spider for under 2000 and if its like me there was over a gallon of coolant inside the cabin. fryed my airbag ecru and others have needed new wire harnesses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts