Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a Quattroporte Cento and can't figure out how to get the car telephone to work. When I insert activated SIM card in the slot belowdisplay on the dashboard and press "telephone", the message comes up "telephone not available". At the bottom corner of the display it says "TEL OFF". There's nothing in the instructions explaining how to turn the phone on. I tried to look for this funcrtion in the car setup, but no success. Anyone knows? Thank you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My understanding is that the tel system doesn't work in the US. It is a major pain, and you'll find examples through searches of people spending a lot of money to find other ways to achieve telephone integration.

It would be nice if the existing slot, and phone wiring would work with US-frequency GSM. No doubt there are many reasons why that's expensive/impossible-at-a-reasonable-cost, but given the %age of sales Maserati gets in the US, I just don't understand why this is an issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
phone option

I see you are in NYC area - there is a guy in Piscataway, NJ (Gino) that does a bluetooth integration with the QP that is "seamless" - it uses the buttons on the steering wheel and works through the radio...I just had him install in mine and seems to work really well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts