Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gas smell on passenger side, 2004 Spyder had it on the lift, no drips whatsoever, anywhere on the underside, none in the engine compartment.. Anyone have any experience with this, can I go through the top end, remove the interior and see whats happening?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I posted a temporary fix about a year ago, where you can fill the top of the fuel pump cap with gas tank repair epoxy. I’ll save Jason the time to post the sensible warning that this is ONLY TEMPORARY while you order replacement pump assemblies.
When you try to find this problem, remember that the gas evaporated quickly and only leaks when the ignition is on. So you need to turn the key on to see it happen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It doesn't take long to access the top of the fuel pumps on the Spyder, stop the roof with the rear screen upright as well as the clamshell cover fully up and prop them in place gives plenty of space to work in there to take the covers off and access the top of the tank.

I patched my leaking one with epoxy till replacement arrived but the repair didn't hold, only lasted a couple of days, new pump in now and no more leak.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't take long to access the top of the fuel pumps on the Spyder, stop the roof with the rear screen upright as well as the clamshell cover fully up and prop them in place gives plenty of space to work in there to take the covers off and access the top of the tank.

I patched my leaking one with epoxy till replacement arrived but the repair didn't hold, only lasted a couple of days, new pump in now and no more leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts