Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am in the process of developing an appraised value report for a very nice 1966 Maserati Sebring II.

The vehicle was built, owned and originally driven in Europe. It was brought to the U.S., Federalized and has been owned for the past 20 years by the same person who has lavished it with care.

Your help in establishing its bona fides would be appreciated.

The VIN is: 1010253
The inner fender tag reads: TIPO -- 101/10
NO -- 253

Any help you might provide will be greatly appreciated.

Jon Lundberg

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hello!

I am in the process of developing an appraised value report for a very nice 1966 Maserati Sebring II.

The vehicle was built, owned and originally driven in Europe. It was brought to the U.S., Federalized and has been owned for the past 20 years by the same person who has lavished it with care.

Your help in establishing its bona fides would be appreciated.

The VIN is: 1010253
The inner fender tag reads: TIPO -- 101/10
NO -- 253

Any help you might provide will be greatly appreciated.

Jon Lundberg

First there wouldn't be any Federalization needed on a car of that vintage. What do you need to know?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decode VIN?

Joe:

New to this marque. Can you decode the VIN or provide some further background on this vehicle? Have all the general I-net info.

Thank you,
Jon Lundberg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jon,

Based on the chassis number (AM101.10253) you are looking at an early Series 2 Sebring, originally fitted with a 3.5L engine and Lucas fuel injection. I found no entry for this particular car in the Sebring Registry, nor in a quick search of my files. But that is not too surprising since the records for classic Maserati GT cars are not nearly as complete as comparable Ferraris or Lamborghinis of the same era.

As for pricing, recent sales of Series 2 Sebrings have ranged between $30K USD to well over $100K USD, with a strong upward trend over the last 24 months being largely driven by European buyers with a strong currency. As always, factors such as condition, originality, rarity, options, aesthetics, provenance, location, sales venue, exchange rate, and sun-spot activity are key determinants of sale price.

Good luck with your assignment!

Doug alias Peconga
1963 Sebring 101.01945 (current)
1960 Vignale Spider 101.1043 (former)
www.registromaserati.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sebring 2 information

may I have some photos from this car and a bit of history if possible. This information is to complete the Sebring Database and not for private use.

Olaf

olaf-boecking.de
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a Sebring 2 Vin # 10101 503.
Its located in California..
I wanted to know how to look up a cars history?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a Sebring 2 Vin # 10101 503.
Its located in California..
I wanted to know how to look up a cars history?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Mike
I had a look at the Sebrings listed in Enrico's Maserati Pages, but didn't find it there.

You could try the Maserati section over at Ferrarichat.com. Lots of very knowledgeable people there.

Gabriel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts