Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a '06 Gransport LE (comes with the Auditorium 200 system + cd changer).

Unfortunately the sound system's instruction manual did not come with the car.

I am slowly figuring out the head unit(still don't know how to adjust the sound settings while CD is playing)...

My main issue is that I am not able to get the cd changer to eject the cd cartridge...there is a little grey button inside, which appears to be the only thing I can press, but it does nothing. Maybe this was damaged (i.e. cartridge stuffed the wrong way???)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

This is perfect.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have the same car including Auditorium 200/cd changer.

After i slide the cover of the cd changer, i press the button and the cd case comes out.

Let me know if you need pictures :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No pictures needed, thanks.

I guess that confirms that it is not working :mad:

·
Registered
448 Posts
wait, that becker thing is the auditorium 200 upgrade? LOL, i just assumed i had the base stereo! BTW, exactly what consists of auditorium 200 anyways? thanks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait, that becker thing is the auditorium 200 upgrade? LOL, i just assumed i had the base stereo! BTW, exactly what consists of auditorium 200 anyways? thanks.
Auditorium 200 AM/FM Radio With 400-Watts and 8 Speakers Total; 6-Disc CD Changer

·
Registered
448 Posts
do you mean 8 speakers + 2 tweeters? or 6+2?
and the 400w must be total and not per channel?

I am usually careless of audio in a car, but if this is the auditorium 200 upgrade, it is indeed laughable :) Thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
722 Posts
Press a button on the headend to make its panel flip down, then simply pull the panel away from the headend - the flip-down panel is held in with a spring loaded detent pivot on each lower corner.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I forgot to mention, you might as well get the changer fixed while it's under warranty. But the MMC route has worked very well for me.

You may find that with a loaded MMC inserted, your radio reboots at random once in a while. I think it has something to do with the radio gagging while trying to make sense of the MP3 files on the MMC. I just call it charm and ignore it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
also the becker's head unit hung a few times on me. I had to pull the fuse from the passenger footwell and reset security code to get it going again.

We had difficulty on several occasions that the head or the cdchanger wouldn't read a cd, however, we just burn a copy and the copies always worked.

has anybody actually used the gps and online features with sim card?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
About the Auditorium 200: If you have it, then you must have the badges on the doors right above the speakers with the Auditorium 200 logo. Otherwise you don't have it.

About the OEM Becker unit: The GranSport has it by default (even if you don't have the Auditorium 200 option).

1) It is an OEM version of the Becker Online Pro 7800, which is rather old.

2) You can always upgrade to the latest Becker unit as a drop in replacement (Becker Cascade 7944) which has Bluetooth, Speech recognition, and other cool stuff.

3) If you keep the original unit then you can easily order the latest navigation CD's from Navteq (http://www.navigation.com). The entire Europe 2008/2009 collection costs 129 euros.

4) Mine has the complete package, navigation, GSM and cd changer. Best of them all is the mp3 playback, which means i never have to use any CDs! The "reboot" problems are well known and they are due to bugs in the unit (maybe heat?), nothing we can do about it. The navigator is fast and reliable. I don't use the GSM phone.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thanks for the info, the mistery is completely gone. I was correct that I have the standard system and not the auditorium 200 :)

I don't need hifi on the road, that's what home is for. :)

Thanks

jess

1 - 17 of 17 Posts