Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys, need some help. This is my 3rd week owning a 2005 cambiocorsa coupe w/ 38k miles. Hit a pot hole on the high way today, then my check engine light came on. When I came to a stop, the car won't start again. I can't even shift into 1st nor reverse. When I press the brakes and try to crank, nothing. I only hear the relays. Then afterwards, pressing the brakes would not light up my brake light until I take the key out and start over. The dealer recently replaced my center shifter (~$1400). Any input would be appreciated before towing it to Maserati. Thanks. Kevin

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can you borrow an OBD II scanner? See if you have any active codes. You may have knocked something loose.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When reading the book, I realized what I thought was a trunk light turned out to be the cambiocorsa gearbox. The dealer recently replaced the cambiocorsa lever. Wonder if that have something to do with it. Could it also by the fuel cutoff due to high impact/inertia? The fuel cutoff didn't light up though. The car also recently had a clutch change.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thinking horse not zebra, have you checked that all battery, wiring and ground connections are intact and have not been bumped loose? Fuses?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've checked the battery and ground. I can't even engage any gears, it only stays in neutral. So does this means its the clutch is stuck? Checked some fuses. Would a blown cambiocorsa ecu fuse or relay cause these symptoms? Where can i get these relays?

·
Registered
722 Posts
When you unlock the car, can you hear the cambiocorsa (F1) pump run for a few seconds? If the pump is down, I think the car won't start, as the ECU can't ensure that the car is in neutral before spinning the engine.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I agree. It sounds like the pothole either knocked the F1 pump relay (or fuse) out or the bump killed the pump (unlikely from a pothole unless it was on its way out).

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi

if the car does not start or change in or out of gear it is more than likely the clutch switch has given up the ghost as they do not like being moved in any way and having a clutch change would of moved the clutch switch, get the car to a maserati dealer or to any garage with an SD2 tester.
i hope this helps

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spent the whole morning testing all fuses and check the relays one by one. They're all fine. When the key is in MARR position, i see the gear box light on with some beeping. The fuel pump works, I hear it each time I open the door. maserati3200rules, where is the clutch switch located? It's still under warranty so does Maserati pay for towing and loaner car? Any further suggestion would be greatly appreciated guys!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm thinking of telling the dealer to look into F1 fuel pumps, ignition switch, fuel pumps, ecu/tcu, brake pedal switch. Any other suggestions? If I hear the F1 pump priming when opening the door, does it mean it's not defective? Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have to agree, that OBDII meter at about $60 from your local auto parts discounter should go a long way toward illuminating things. Best Maserati investment I've made so far, even with a relatively trouble-free car. It can save you lot of time messing with a dealer visit.

·
Registered
431 Posts
try this

toggle the reverse lever switch. I heard that it could get stuck. You could be very low on gearbox fluid since you had the cambio warning light. Hope you sort it out soon.
Best wishes

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
toggle the reverse lever switch. I heard that it could get stuck. You could be very low on gearbox fluid since you had the cambio warning light. Hope you sort it out soon.
Best wishes
Yes, I tried toggling the reverse lever switch. Still nothing. How do I check if the gearbox fluids are low? If hold the two shift levers for some time, does it reset the box? Thanks for the inputs.

·
Registered
431 Posts
well with my little knowledge..

Buy some transmission fluid (CS-Speed at £10 a litre) or equivalent from dealer. Raise rear with axle stands DO NOT REVERSE UP RAMPS unless you like the small/skmoke of clutch burning (Sorry your car is in neutral). Clean the top of the reservoir cap thoroughly before opening. There isnt a lot of space. Its got a silver heat shield above it. Just fiddle it with your hand. You can see if there is any fluid with your finger but be patient and put fluid with a new syringe and a bit of new hose. I put in about 5cm3 each time (40cm3 or so). A mas tech told me that it does leak from the back and some nuts need to be tightened to stop it but I didnt bother and all ok. I think your problem is electrical. Which wheel did you hit the bump with? See if you can trace it and I would thump a few key places.

In some countries you can get compensation by suing/complaing to your local council for damage caused by improper road maintenance. Take pics.

If she doesnt start engage gear after filling up with fluid then use reset procedure but as the guys say use a OBD2 reader or go to a main dealer/independent and not even Ferrari/Maserati dealer and ask for help and advice and maybe a guy might pop round on lunch break and have a look with his borrowed obd scanner for drinks money.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Guys... His car is under warranty...

Just send it to the dealer...

By the way, if they charged you to change the reverse lever, you need to call MNA and have a talk with them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
007, I'll have a mechanic look into that, thanks for the insight.

Leadfoot_mf, I did shut off the battery and reset but no cigars.

MaseratiBoy, I just had roadside tow the car to Maserati Silicon Valley and they're looking into it. Yes, there was a charge for the replacement of the lever. The independent dealership I bought the car from paid for it (something I thought should be under warranty).

Guys, since I'm under warranty, this electrical issue should be covered? Any advice/experience in dealing with warranty work at dealership? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The lever should have been under warranty... Everything you are mentioning should be...

I really suggest you call MNA... Silicon Valley has a history of ripping people off.

·
Registered
635 Posts
When reading the book, I realized what I thought was a trunk light turned out to be the cambiocorsa gearbox. The dealer recently replaced the cambiocorsa lever. Wonder if that have something to do with it. Could it also by the fuel cutoff due to high impact/inertia? The fuel cutoff didn't light up though. The car also recently had a clutch change.
I remember back a few years, I hit a pothole here in Seattle in my Alfa Romeo. It was such a smack the car shut down. I got it off to the side of the road, raised the hood, and sure enough, the inertia switch had popped up. So, I pressed it back down, fired the car up and off I went.

Hopefully it is something simple for you! If not, I bet your covered under warranty!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts