Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a used driver side catalytic converter?

Something hit mine (top one near header) and did some damage. Very expensive brand new.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There are several aftermarket performance cats you could substitute (weld in). Look in the various hot rod catalogs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
bypass them

looking for first (apart of the header) or secondary (behind the O2 sensor)?

If it's the first, sorry, your only choice is to get from the dealer, or have a new one welded in place. Fabspeed looked at my set-up and determined they could make a custom set of headers with a free-er flowing header design and a higher flowing cat, but it's not cheap. $2000 to modify your existing headers, or $4000 for a completely new set-up.

If you're looking for the secondary cat, don't bother with it, just replace it with a bypass pipe. Still passes emissions (if cat is behind O2 sensor, it's not required), and no check engine light problems. $1400 and weorth every penny for the extra punch low end and better sound! http://www.fabspeed.com/maserati.html

I have my stock middle cat's available if you want them.

Ron.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
next to header

Ufortunately it is the Cat next to the header. There are some aftermarket very small high flow ones I am looking at. I will let you know how it goes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts