Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My dealer used the wrong screws to secure the carbon fiber door sills--they're supposed to be flat-topped but they used domed screws that look like crap. I'm heading to the dealer on Thursday morning and wondering if there's anywhere I can get the proper ones right away. I've already tried Ricambi and Eurospares. Eurospares has 'em but can get the package here until Thursday afternoon at best. Need at least 6 of them. Part # is as follows and can be found on the SHIELDS AND FINISHING (Table 132) page of either site:

Part No. 12678870 - Screw (6)

TIA,

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is it just me, or did anyone else expect something entirely different from this post?

Have you tried a good hardware store? Otherwise 2 days does not sound too bad.

Eric

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is it just me, or did anyone else expect something entirely different from this post?

Have you tried a good hardware store? Otherwise 2 days does not sound too bad.

Eric
Unfortunately I don't have the originals for comparison (actually, it never had any).

Normally 2 days would be great, but I have to be at the dealership (2-1/2 hour drive) at 8:30 am.on Thursday.

I may just order the parts and do it myself. Hopefully they didn't mess up the carbon fiber. I'm still gonna complain about the sloppy job they did on it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The ones that you in there now are the right size, just the wrong head, so if you take one out and bring it into Ace they should be able to match the size and give you one with a flat head.

Eric

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ones that you in there now are the right size, just the wrong head, so if you take one out and bring it into Ace they should be able to match the size and give you one with a flat head.

Eric
Actually, just had another look at them. I assumed they were domed since they made the rubber weatherstripping jut out, but they are actually flat-topped. Looks like the head is too wide to fit into the countersink in the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's another update... Called my service rep. and he tells me the screws were special ordered. Sure enough... checked my invoice and the right part # is on there. We will address the issue when I take the car in Thursday. I'm still going to order the pieces in order to satisfy my own curiosity. Still seems to me that they just don't fit into the countersinks.

If anyone has a moment, could you take a look at your doorsills and tell me how they are attached and what the screws look like?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure how mine are attached, but there are no visible screws.

Eric
Eric, pull out the top edge of that piece of rubber weather stripping at the bottom with your fingernail. You should see 3 screws (or none).

2003 Coupe Gt stock door sills. No screws,they are held down with adhesive.:)
Thanks, Ron. I wonder if the dealership is wrong, and that they all came without screws... The parts catalog shows 3 screws per side, but I'm thinking perhaps they decided to leave them off for cosmetic reasons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts