Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good interior-safe cleaning tip for removing the sticky residue left behind when the those valuable "airbag safety" stickers are removed from the visors?

Thanks allot.

*This is fight free thread zone, (lol).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Does anyone know a good interior-safe cleaning tip for removing the sticky residue left behind when the those valuable "airbag safety" stickers are removed from the visors?

Thanks allot.

You mean the stickers that are not supposed to be removed?!

You can also buy an adhesive remover from any crafts store that should be safe.

·
Registered
173 Posts

Thanks allot.

Mineral spirits (paint store) - let it soak in for 5-10 min, blot off.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, that's the one I'm talking about BUT I memorized it now and I realize the danger of airbags...(shhh, I also took the "do not remove under penalty of law" tags off my mattresses, I'm crazy that way, a wild man..you can't stop me..)...will hit the stores and see what's out there...really like the mineral water option allot and read that citrus seems like a good choice, really just don't want to alter the color or damage the visor fabric...thx.

You mean the stickers that are not supposed to be removed?!

You can also buy an adhesive remover from any crafts store that should be safe.

·
Registered
518 Posts
mineral spirits is not the same as mineral water...one you drink, the other is also known as paint thinner not the greatest stuff for products that are dyed usually.

just my .02 on things

·
Registered
722 Posts
I used the citrusy goo-gone with excellent results, after peeling off my stickers.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I used the citrusy goo-gone with excellent results, after peeling off my stickers.
I agree. I use Goo Gone all the time and it works great other than it smells horrible (like citrus scented kerosene).

Do a test patch though.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I'd be on the safe side and use Lexol leather cleaner with a microfiber towel. The microfiber will act as a 'soft' abrasive and pick up the residue and the Lexol is, well.....Lexol. It's actually good for the leather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts