Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Pioneer is so much better than this antiquated OEM system, its one of my few complaints about this car, infact the salesman at the Scottsdale dealership recommends the same upgrade over the existing NAV module. BTW, thanks for the MONZA video, its awsome.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks good, but I wonder what they'd do with my older Spyder. It has the big honking vid screen installed right where your head unit and AC rotary switches are...

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Why not just get a Garmin Nuvi widescreen and be done with it? No wiring changes, no "soon-to-be-broken" screen that pops out of the dash, etc...

Plus easily upgradeable, very reasonable price, and great functionality.

·
Registered
339 Posts
use alpine's remote screen

Steeldream said:
Looks good, but I wonder what they'd do with my older Spyder. It has the big honking vid screen installed right where your head unit and AC rotary switches are...

Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro and a remote touch screen. Install the nav unit and any other optional accessories you want. I've been working with Alpine direct on this solution and have a full system planned out, but it looks like I'll be selling the car now for a more practical daily driver (1000 miles/week starts to add up in maintenance costs!). I've got the full system spec'd out if anyone is interested. Requires a minor custom install job with a new trim ring being fabricated to hold the larger alpine touch screen and eliminating the phone's buttons (not activated in the US). You loose the onscreen AC info and trip computer info. You gain TV tuner, DVD, Nav system, Satellite radio, MP3/Ipod controls, Cellphone Bluetooth, etc, etc. You can basically hook up anything in the Alpine cataloge to the remotely installed V.Hub Pro.

·
Registered
530 Posts
hmmm I'd hate to lose the trip computer. always fun to see the dollars graphically departing as the MPG plummets.

sounds like a lot of work/expense, but I'll check the hub out anyway cuse I'm looking for an Ipod solution as well.

were I you, I'd keep the Maser and ditch the Dinan, but chaqun a son goute. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Steeldream
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing