Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the updated (2004) version of the Navigation CD's. The dealer said he'd let me burn copies of the 6 CD's/DVD's.

Is the system CD or DVD based? I figured if you need 6 discs, it's probably CD based. Anyone know?

Either way, do you think the copied discs will work? Or does anyone know how much they cost just to buy the new version?

The dealers I've dealt with dont know anything about these cars...it's quite amazing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are CD's like you would expect and I believe there are 10-12 in total. Only one is needed for California/Nevada. No, I don't think you can copy them. Through the dealership, it will cost $600 but even the dealership recommends going directly to the source. For $200 they will ship you all disks by Fedex. Go to NAVTEQ.com to order them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
garyst1024 said:
They are CD's like you would expect and I believe there are 10-12 in total. Only one is needed for California/Nevada. No, I don't think you can copy them. Through the dealership, it will cost $600 but even the dealership recommends going directly to the source. For $200 they will ship you all disks by Fedex. Go to NAVTEQ.com to order them.
I have the 2002 UK and European major roads CD, and was a bit concerned about losing/scratching it. Using Ahead NERO software, I successfully made a backup copy of the disc, which I keep in the car - the original is now safely at home.

So, it is possible to copy the CDs. Whether it's legal to copy someone else's, well that's a different matter :wink:

Ewan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
EwanD
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing