Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My navigation on a 2002 coupe is showing the wrong location, it shows approximately 30 miles off, and it shows me driving in wrong direction. The antenna is mounted under AC grill on dashboard any ideas?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My navigation on a 2002 coupe is showing the wrong location, it shows approximately 30 miles off, and it shows me driving in wrong direction. The antenna is mounted under AC grill on dashboard any ideas?
What if the navigation system is the one who's right and you're 30 miles off and driving the wrong direction? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
me too

i had the same problem, my car showed i was driving through a lake. Every few months my NAV acts up. i take the cd out and reload it, and turn radio off and on. After about ten minutes it finally realizes where i am. i cant figure it out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Funny...my directional arrow shows east as west and west as east. Though when looking at the map screen, the car is in the proper direction and orientation. Sounds like a quirk of italian engineering.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Whilst I agree that the satnav is not the best or fastest around (!) I can assure you it does work.
Patience is a virtue here (it might take you five minutes to set your destination but you can always try making-up the time en-route!)
I find it is less annoying if you plan ahead ( a week or so?) and enter all your destinations in advance.

And I thought there was a way of re-learning the GPS positioning but I cannot find anything in the handbook, meanwhile here is what I did find:
""The GPS system needs about 15 minutes for activation if it is connected to the vehicle battery."
Presume that means after a power-off and not every time you drive!

"The GPS system needs a few minutes to determine the new position of the vehicle if it is turned off and the vehicle is moved with the system off (e.g. by breakdown van)"

Nice for instance they used there! DOes that mean if you drive with info centre off it also takes a "few" minutes to figure out where it is.

And finally...
"In the lack of satellite information, the system uses information from the gyroscsope and from the wheel sensor for temporary data analysis."

... then after a while gives up guessing and goes back to GPS?
Patience, patience, ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts