Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there any one that would like to do a trade for the Nav nit unit for a 2003-2004 Coupe. This is the part that is under the center console where you insert a singale CD. I just bought my Coupe GT used in July of this year.
My car did not come with the Nav activated, I have had a Nav antenna in stalled in my dash. If someone's car came with Nav system but you do not use it, I would like to swich with yours. Every thing in your car would work,Radio Trip Computer ect as befor. Just not the nav.

If you live in Los Angeles I would pay to have my dealer Auto Gallery do the switch.
So the long and short of it is. I f your car has the nav system with the set of CD's,but you do not use it,please consider helping me make my car perfect!
You can e-mail me or call my cell# 818-205-4913 / Email [email protected]
Thanks Ron Avery:)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ron,

Wouldn't it be cheaper to take the car to a dealer and have them install the software? I thought it was a pretty quick installation job. However, I have no idea what the dealer would charge to perform that software upgrade.

My unit had the software installed, but didn't have the antenna. I bought a Garmin GPS antenna, mounted it up in the dash (under the vent cover), hooked it up to the NIT, and now I have GPS.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nav

Mike,
The dealer already tried to flash the Nav when they installed the antenna,however my car's Nav system is locked out.Apparnetly Maserati change the system on some of the 2003 cars so you could not just switch the Nav on with a flash of the dealers computer.:mad:
Ron

·
Registered
635 Posts
Oh man, that sucks... Or, as Beavis and Butt-head once said "This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before". ;)

I do remember a post awhile back about the NIT being changed in 2003.

I did notice that LA World Auto on eBay has been trying to sell both the "head unit" and the "NIT" for sometime now..... maybe they might be interested in a trade. Not sure if their unit was equipped with the NAV option, but I think it was.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Navigation-GPS-DVD-hard-drive-unit-Ferrari-DVD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQihZ019QQitemZ8041596922QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Good luck.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Jalpa_Mike said:
I did notice that LA World Auto on eBay has been trying to sell both the "head unit" and the "NIT" for sometime now..... maybe they might be interested in a trade. Not sure if their unit was equipped with the NAV option, but I think it was.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Navigation-GPS-DVD-hard-drive-unit-Ferrari-DVD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38653QQihZ019QQitemZ8041596922QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Good luck.
Watch-out, dude... that NIT has no plug for the NAV antenna (there should be a green plastic connector on the top LH of the NIT -above the red fuse- when looking from the back side -2nd photo-) so I doubt it will have the NAV enabled.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
635 Posts
On USA cars, the NIT is configured as this:

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Might be interested

Hey Ron, I have an '02 with Nav, and am considering some major audio changes that I will no longer need the entire NIT. I'm in Chicago.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nav

That sounds great. How would you like to proceed?
I would love to get the nit unit and the CD's.
Just to reiterate your car does have nav from the factory. If so you can e-mail me and we can work out the details.My e-mail is /[email protected]
Thanks,
Ron:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts