Maserati Forum banner

Name of the new sports car

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  sc00b 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I'm a little disappointed. MC12 had to do with the V12 engine layout.

Now the "20"? A reference to the calendar year? A year which shall stand for the change? This only makes sense because Maserati has completely overslept all developments of the last 10 years. The name is actually an admission of the incompetence of recent years, an evidence of incapacity...

#10 ·
I like the MC acronym, which stands for Maserati Corse, and I love that Maserati expresses commitment to develop a racing version of the new model. I am less thrilled by the '20', but hey - why not? If the new model looks like that rendering published by Car, it would not matter much anyway. :D

#11 ·
The name designation means nothing when affixed to a design that was completely stolen from the now aged Alfa 4C. Chevrolet stepped up to the plate with the new C8; not sure why FC Group refuses to do the same.

And, if those morons think they will be competing with "supercars" with that, then they may as well lawyer up for their next bankruptcy. On the lighter side, these may make decent buys a few years down the road when they trade at the auctions for $20K. Time will tell how soon history repeats itself.

#12 ·
The name designation means nothing when affixed to a design that was completely stolen from the now aged Alfa 4C. Chevrolet stepped up to the plate with the new C8; not sure why FC Group refuses to do the same.

And, if those morons think they will be competing with "supercars" with that, then they may as well lawyer up for their next bankruptcy. On the lighter side, these may make decent buys a few years down the road when they trade at the auctions for $20K. Time will tell how soon history repeats itself.
We don't know yet how it will look like, or what the specifications will be, but it seems Maserati is doing its homework.
We will know for sure in three months time, and I am truly looking forward to that!

#20 ·
Given the COVID-19 situation, I think it is unlikely that the planned schedule with a presentation of the MC20 at the end of May will hold. All car production in Italy was suspended earlier this week, and other activities, including testing, are probably down to a trickle.

#21 ·
Like the first 2 video,Corvette gave up those quad tail lights since C7 and Maserati is bringing it back~yeah. I was really missing those lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.