Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My first post on this forum :)

I am a new owner of a '61 3500 GTi and a light on the dash is puzzling me. I have the original books but cant seem to figure this one out. The light is just down and to the left of the steering wheel collum, on the dash. It comes on randomly and can be turned off by pushing it.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. My grandfather purchased this car new and just handed it down to me a few months ago. I have been driving it every once and a while and the light is just puzzling me. I was wondering if it was some sort of flood indicator?

I should probably mention that the I still have the lucas fuel injector system but due to condition my grandfather had it replaced with three webber carbs. Maybe this has something to do with the light coming on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Keaton

P.S. I can post some pictures later if that will help, at work right now and don't have access to them. Just let me know :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
What color is it?

btw you may want to buy a copy of the Maserati Owner's Handbook by Hans Tanner, which was published in 1961. It has lots of useful information on the maintenance of the 3500.

From the electrical diagram in the book, if it is red, it maybe the turn signal indicator. If it is green it may be the head lights.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=515175282

Pictures of the car (and the dash) would be appreciated by all :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey John,

Thanks for the info on that book....I will order it :)

The light is orange in color. The turn signal and headlight indicator lights are up above the spedometer and tach....this light is below. And like I saud it turns off when pushed.....strange.

I will post some pics as soon as I can :)

Thanks again,

Keaton

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hm,

Does this picture show it?

Could be the fog lights (or the reverse lights) switch. There is a yellow warning light for the fan. Sorry the electrical diagram and the dashboard layout diagram don't seem to line up that well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that picture shows it. Its the firs thing left of the steering column and below the turn signal lever.

Maybe I should check and see if the fan is working properly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts