Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my Granturismo last week after placing an order in July (a really long agonizing wait). This is my first Maserati, coming from a 2000 Mercedes CL500. Here are the specs:

Grigio Palladio
Bordauex w/ light grey stitching
Nero carpet & headliner
20"
red brake calipers

Cons:
I expected the car to be a bit faster (especially from 0-60) than my family's '07 S500L but I hardly notice the difference
Navi only displays the street you are on
I find the seats to be a bit stiff, I hope it softens up a bit after use
The ride is quite bouncy during low speeds, maybe the 19" would be better
The parking sensors keeps beeping after you put the car in P or D , that is quite annoying

Pros:
Handles great and sticks to the road despite the car being so big
I love the rumble sound/feeling when I turn the ignition on, felt it had more soul than the Mercs.
Beautiful quality built interior
Stunning looks

Seems like there are more cons than pros, but I don't regret owning this car at all. I love it !

·
Registered
56 Posts
@hwai333

Having the same car background like you - I drove CL 500 as well, having now since three month a GranTurismo, I truly understand that you think the GT is less powerful than the Merc.
I had the same feeling in the beginning. Now, however I realize that the GT power develops just differently. In Sport Mode the GT is much more responsive than the Merc. While the Merc with his 5 l engine gives you more a kind of uniform power development over the full rpm range. The GT is a bit "lazy" in the lower rpm range if you do not really pull/push the trigger - I do not no to describe it better!

An European GT without Skyhook, feels stiffer than having this option. Driving with Sport Mode in off position, the overall absorption of the car is quite compfy!

For the parking sensors you should see your dealer this is not acceptable.

Have fun with this beauty - the cons will more and more disappear while driving :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think the beeping you are referring to is the parking sensors. It is likely the seatbelt warning. Is your seatbelt off when this happens? You might want to experiment with that.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I don't think the beeping you are referring to is the parking sensors. It is likely the seatbelt warning. Is your seatbelt off when this happens? You might want to experiment with that.
i sincerely hope that you understand the average maserati owner would have the intelligence of differentiating a seatbelt warning and a parking sensor warning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i sincerely hope that you understand the average maserati owner would have the intelligence of differentiating a seatbelt warning and a parking sensor warning.
^^:D

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Say when you back into a space, it starts beeping when it gets close to an object (usually a wall or a car). Then when I'm in the space, I put the car in park but it still keeps beeping. Therefore it gets really annoying when you wanna just chill in your car when you want the engine running after you park. I believe other german cars are not like that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Parking Sensor

No way to just "disable" that sucker with a button ?? (park sensor)

hmmmmmm....

also, what do you think of the NAV, I have had nav in my last 3 cars and have grown to like it... heard the Maz GT nav, (and previous were worse) is just ok ?

thx

·
Registered
4 Posts
^^:D

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Say when you back into a space, it starts beeping when it gets close to an object (usually a wall or a car). Then when I'm in the space, I put the car in park but it still keeps beeping. Therefore it gets really annoying when you wanna just chill in your car when you want the engine running after you park. I believe other german cars are not like that.
I found the exact same thing...turned the car off and turned it back on to stop the annoying parking beeps. You're also right about German cars...from what I remember, in current BMW's you can push the park distance button and the beeps stop....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No way to just "disable" that sucker with a button ?? (park sensor)

hmmmmmm....

also, what do you think of the NAV, I have had nav in my last 3 cars and have grown to like it... heard the Maz GT nav, (and previous were worse) is just ok ?

thx
no, I don't think there is a button that disables the park sensor

this is my first car with a navi so I can't really comment much about it. However it has already screwed up once showing I was in the middle of nowhere, but in fact I was on a normal road.

Another thing I'm quite upset about is that when you are on a hill, you really have to push down on the pedal for the car to get moving (I guess the car needs more torque).

On the positive, I could literally feel better throttle reponse when in sport mode (some cars are barely noticable).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with all of the comments so far: when starting from no/low speed on a hill, there is a bit of "lag" in order to get the car moving.

Also, with the "sport" mode engaged, the car does seem to rev a little more freely. Is it unadvisable to drive with the sport mode on most of the time? Other than terrible gas mileage, is there any downside?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hwai333, did you get the rear sensors AND front sensors on your GT? supposedly the front sensors (and bluetooth) are availabe mid-2008.

No, I initially requested the front parking sensors which was listed in the brochure as a Dec.07 option. But, I was told by the dealer when my car arrived at the dock that the production line of the front sensors got delayed till June/July. Other new options included bluetooth and dual tone seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.