Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

All new rotors, pads, hardware, and sensors.

Sorry, I didn't encounter any problems to make interesting conversation; everything went smooth.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I did the same thing several months ago. Very easy to do and the entire process took me about 2 hours to complete. I bought new rotors and pads from Formula Dynamics. They can give you a price quite, but it's SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than buying the parts from a dealership!

·
Registered
258 Posts
WOW, those prices are cheap. I always wondered why even our after market parts are priced so high on basic items like brakes. It's not like we're using different metals that are hard to find...

Rotors/Pads: $1350 for Front/Back Maserati Gran Turismo Gt front rear brake pads rotors set TopEuro #322
Rotors: $1250 Maserati GranTurismo Gt front & rear brake rotors TopEuro #264 PREMIUM QUALITY
Pads: $145 Maserati GranTurismo Gt Quattroporte rear brake pads HIGH PERFORMANCE #165

Can anyone else comment on the quality/company? Seems pretty crazy to see prices that are HALF the cost of everyone else. Makes me a bit worried...

(Update) Quick research shows these guys are mainly an Amazon seller that just opened up shop in late 2019.
(Update2) Apparently this is a spin off of Alpine Performance, which is the same/parent company, in Florida: GranTurismo

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was a bit leery as well, so I made my purchase through Amazon to ensure I could return or recoup $ if the quality was not as described. I also called them and spoke with Luke who assured me that their parts are not "cheap Chinese knockoffs". They are located in FL.

The pads and rotors look to be high quality and the rotors are coated for corrosion resistance. Of course, only time and miles will tell the truth and I'll be sure to admit to you all if I made a mistake with this purchase.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well Alpine Performance has been on Facebook for years, posting about selling parts for exotic cars. They've been in business since 2008. Only a handful of Amazon Reviews that are unfortunately just too recent to judge quality. Also a couple very old Yelp reviews, but nothing recent.

So it seems like they've been doing this for a while, but this is the first they've been mentioned on the forums under Alpine Performance or Top Euro Machine?

Also just seems odd in this day/age that they've been doing this for so long and have such few reviews and never mentioned here. I'd roll the dice on it though, seems legit enough to me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update:
So, to report after a proper bed-in and over 250 miles, these breaks are great!
  • No squeaking
  • Excellent pedal feel
  • No vibration
  • NO BRAKE DUST!

Overall, very satisfied with my purchase and this kit has my recommendation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also just installed front rotors and pads from Alpine, and so far, very pleased with the price (about 1/3 of OEM) and the performance. Plus, they have great customer service if you call them. I just wish I had known about Alpine before I replaced all the filters, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I called Luke at Alpine Performance today since I need rotors and pads for my 2012 GT Conv. Sport. Turns out that they sell Top Euro rotors and pads, which it says in the heading of their brake parts, plus they come with a warranty. For anyone that's purchased from Alpine Performance or Top Euro, please lmk what you think of their products. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts