Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The passenger window of my Coupe is malfunctioning. When you open the door, it lowers but doesn't go back up for awhile after closing. Also, if the passenger waits more than about 10 seconds to enter and close the door, it raises and clangs the car body when the door shuts. Any experience with this? It just started doing this and it's driving me (and my passengers) crazy.

Note that opening the passenger door does not turn on the dome light. It's done this for awhile. Might that be related? Does anybody know where the light switch is?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The passenger window of my Coupe is malfunctioning. When you open the door, it lowers but doesn't go back up for awhile after closing. Also, if the passenger waits more than about 10 seconds to enter and close the door, it raises and clangs the car body when the door shuts. Any experience with this? It just started doing this and it's driving me (and my passengers) crazy.

Note that opening the passenger door does not turn on the dome light. It's done this for awhile. Might that be related? Does anybody know where the light switch is?
Have you tried to reset the electric cirquit?
It can be done by twisting the knob in the right side of the trunk inside the battery's booth

·
Registered
227 Posts
My 2006 coupe did this last year. Fixed under warranty at Desert European. Manny said there was a bad motor.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reset had no effect. Today, I opened the door and noticed that the dome light came on. The window worked correctly when I closed the door. The next attempt did not turn on the light or operate the widow correctly. It seems the window problem occurs when the car doesn't know the door is opened or closed. I am suspecting that the door switch needs cleaning or replacing but I cannot figure out where it is. I examined the diagrams/listings on Eurospares with no luck.

Does anybody know where the door open switch is?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would that not be in the body door frame?
Do you see it there? Where?

After I saw it work once, I decided to put the window down and open/close the door a couple of dozen times. Working the switch repeatedly seems to have it working again (for now). Still, I would like to find the switch and hit it with some contact cleaner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts