Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There she is in all her glory, just getting off the truck! :D

Question... I had the car running in my garage for a bit, went for a cruise, and noticed a wet spot in my garage when I came back. It appears to be just water, albeit a lot of it. My Ghibli doesn't drip this much water, not even close... is this normal? It's 95 here in Chicago so the AC was cranking. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply regarding the water! No this was a dealer in CA. 2014 with only 10k miles, got a really nice deal considering my timing..

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Congrats !
And. +1 re the AC water . It’s interesting to learn why the Ghibli does not produce nearly the same, unless not all Maseratis have the exact same AC systems / components, which I suppose it’s possible between GT, QP and Ghibli using different systems .
My GTS produces more water than my Porsche , or our Mercedes , Jeep Grand Cherokee , and Sentra . But that’s comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats !
And. +1 re the AC water . It’s interesting to learn why the Ghibli does not produce nearly the same, unless not all Maseratis have the exact same AC systems / components, which I suppose it’s possible between GT, QP and Ghibli using different systems .
My GTS produces more water than my Porsche , or our Mercedes , Jeep Grand Cherokee , and Sentra . But that’s comparing apples and oranges.
Thanks! I was thinking that too and remembered that I hear water dripping in my ghibli after parking but there’s a pan collecting and expelling it somewhere, based on the sound of the splash, and doesn’t leave a wet spot behind. It appears the GT just expels the water from right under the middle of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts