Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Since Tropical storm/hurricane Ernesto is bearing down on us here in Miami, I just wanted you all to know that "Ma Bella" (name cristened by my wife for the car) is tucked away safely inside the parking garage of her workplace where it will stay til this blows over. Tropical force winds/rain expected tonight. Oh, and yes, my shutters are up! See you on the other side! -Bob.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hurricane that wasn't.

THANKS to everyone who replied and thought about us, but the "hurricane" never was thank goodness. It's Wednesday and although schools and govt offices are closed (as am I)... its only grey and rainy with light winds. Overnight it got up to maybe 50 mph, but all in all VERY thankful. AND, the traffic lights and electricity is on. Now, it will travel up the Florida penis-insula until it hits the Carolinas and points north. Everyone stay well. -Bob.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Glad to hear its over for you and for So. Florida.
Maseratifan has not posted yet but I assume everything is fine as well because all I've heard about Ernesto was that it was a "small inconvenience" for South Floridians... enjoy your forced holiday my friend.

In 2005 they were up to letter "K" by this date and now its only to letter "E", how different this year has been... I hope it stays like that on the final straightaway of the 2006 hurricane season.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very thankful this was a non-event. It rains pretty steadily though and that is the most inconvinience we received out of Ernesto in the Ft. Myers area on SW Florida. Hope the Carolinas fare just as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts