Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its only 2,5 yrs old and started about 1 yrs ago. Yes I know, it is italian, but please... 1,5 yrs?:confused:

It started a year ago, but it was not this much visible, but since it broke the paint, it is now openly rusty. And it is ugly.

As you can see it starts from just below the rear left lights and under the paint straight to the rear bumper.

BTW, had NO accidents on the rear as of yet. were in a bit of fender bender with the front bumper, but that is all...

I hope this warrants me for a free repair...

Anyone has or had anything similar?

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
Its only 2,5 yrs old and started about 1 yrs ago. Yes I know, it is italian, but please... 1,5 yrs?:confused:

It started a year ago, but it was not this much visible, but since it broke the paint, it is now openly rusty. And it is ugly.

As you can see it starts from just below the rear left lights and under the paint straight to the rear bumper.

BTW, had NO accidents on the rear as of yet. were in a bit of fender bender with the front bumper, but that is all...

I hope this warrants me for a free repair...

Anyone has or had anything similar?
Did you buy the car new? You can easily see a paint line on the bumper where it was resprayed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i bought it as it was 1 yo. ( hence i spared 45000 EUR ) :cool:

But i know the previous owner and the dealer who sold the car the first time.
We since have a business relationship too.

What you probably see is a lot of dust -> + a monsoon type rain for a day + a lot of tree flowers on it ( with a lot of washed out nectar from above ). One piece is even visible. Tried NOT to photograph it as a whole :D

Car was parking in my yard in the open. It now looks like a flower parade :D

I'm totally sure it wasn't in accident.
Only i made one on the front right :mad:

·
Registered
255 Posts
From the photograph it looks like a poor repair job - looks like it has been sanded roughly and bumper paint looks damaged at edge (bumper may have been off).

If all of that is from normal use then I suspect your "paint care regime" is a bit lacking!

·
Registered
203 Posts
With all respect to your relationship with the seller...

I strongly believe that area of your car was repaired. Remember, what constitutes an "accident" varies from person to person. The prior owner may have simply backed into some type of pole, a lawnmower in the garage, a bicycle-something like that. Many of us would not call that type of an event an accident. It may have been "spot" repaired. Also, some members have reported certain factory "fixes" which were done in-house after the car was fully assembled. In any event, I believe the rust perforation warranty well exceeds that of the drive train, and may be covered. Good Luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys,

Sent the request for complete repair to the dealer along with my other issues.
Waiting for reply.

Since i don't want to sell the car ever, I really need it repaired or the rust will eat it in due time. ( this baby will be part of a collection, if i'm lucky )

I'm sure that the previous owner did not do it.
He told me that once somebody backed with ~1kmh into him on the front making a small scratch. And shown me two even smaller scratches too when i bought the car, so i really don't think that he would miss on a more serious issue such as this. And he is still interested how my/his baby is from time to time.

Therefore:
I think it is an in-house fix. Hope it can be repaired so that it never comes back again.
BTW,
I have seen a red 612 with in-house repair too, so that happens.

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you're going to keep it for a long time, possibly as part of a collection, do not park it outdoors - and cover it in a temperature controlled garage, and try not to drive it in inclement weather, especially in a 4 season city like budapest. it may be a bit late though...best of luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts