Maserati Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one. I just bought a 2007 Maserati Quattorporte 3 days ago. It is a new car and has only 50 km on it. I took it home and park it in my garage. I didn't touch it the next day. So yesterday morning, when I went to start the car, none of the remo work and the car won't start. it looks like the battery was dead. I called the dealer and then towed my car in and told me the battery was dead on my car and they have no idea why.

Now they still checking on my car and they told me it won't be ready for awhile.

Does anyone had the same problem? Any idea what happen to my car? The third day of the a new car battery dead? Too hard to believe it, but it is real.

Please help ! Thanks all

·
Registered
65 Posts
Since that is a new car, I'd think they have not fully charged the battery before delivery. I was told from a tire shop, for a brand new battery, it should take longer time to have it fully charged. And if time allowed, they will charge it overnight or at least 8-10 hours. Your dealer may only take a quick charge to it and assume you will keep driving the car after delivery. That's my simple and positive thinking, can't imagine it'll break down right after delivery. Looking forward to hear good news from you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since that is a new car, I'd think they have not fully charged the battery before delivery. I was told from a tire shop, for a brand new battery, it should take longer time to have it fully charged. And if time allowed, they will charge it overnight or at least 8-10 hours. Your dealer may only take a quick charge to it and assume you will keep driving the car after delivery. That's my simple and positive thinking, can't imagine it'll break down right after delivery. Looking forward to hear good news from you.

Thank you very very much . Actually , the dealer told me today they need to charge the batter for a long time that is why the car can't be ready today.

But I forgot to mention. This is a 07 car it arrived the dealer 5 month ago, they just park it there for 5 month. I hope what you said is the case. On the other hand , I am hard to believe the dealer didn't have time to charge the batter for 5 month.

Thanks again. I love this car and this is my first maserati, I hope it won't make me hate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi every one. I just bought a 2007 Maserati Quattorporte 3 days ago. It is a new car and has only 50 km on it. I took it home and park it in my garage. I didn't touch it the next day. So yesterday morning, when I went to start the car, none of the remo work and the car won't start. it looks like the battery was dead. I called the dealer and then towed my car in and told me the battery was dead on my car and they have no idea why.

Now they still checking on my car and they told me it won't be ready for awhile.

Does anyone had the same problem? Any idea what happen to my car? The third day of the a new car battery dead? Too hard to believe it, but it is real.

Please help ! Thanks all
Hi,

The same thing happened to me with my "57" QP. I parked the car up on Friday evening after work and didn't use it again until Monday morning. Went to start it and it was dead. Called Maserati Assist and they took it away. Garage had it for 3 days, testing it and found no problems:confused:

Hasn't done it again since.

Baz

·
Registered
227 Posts
Unfortunately, the stock batteries have caused this problem on many new cars, mine included. Ask the dealer about this. They probably will just replace it if you ask.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much guys !!

I don't think they will replace it for me. All they told me is they done so many testing, and find no problem for the battery. They said actually when they got my car towed in. The computer said "Battery find but need to recharge".

They said all they can think about is the car parked at the dealer for 5 month before it sold to me. So the battery was low , and I park it right away after I got it , so the battery can't least for 2 days.

Should I believe them? They asked me to pick up my car tomorrow. what do you guys think. Will I find my car dead again the next morning?

Thanks again.

PS: will post update after I get it back.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My only advise is that, as you said you love this car so you better accept for now battery is the only problem, unnecessary worries won't help at all. Get your car back and enjoy the new car as what you planned before and forget all the suspected problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Good luck with that!

When I change the battery on my GS after its last service, I didn't use the car much and it tended to stall on start-up. Got it re-charged overnight by the dealer and the problem went away.
Hope the same applies to your car! :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Italian cars are designed to be driven hard and often. They collect problems when sitting idling in the garage....

As far as I know, they all require "italian tune ups" every so often...

jess

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Guy. My car has been in their garage for a week now. They keep telling me they can't find any problems, and they believe that just the battery was low when they sold the car to me. On the other hand, they are holding my car, keep telling me I can have it next day. But today when I go pick it up , they said they are still doing some checking and try to make sure my car will be fine. A week!! That long and find no problem??? When I ask them when I can get it back , they said they will try their best next day. That was what they told me every day !!! I have no idea when I will get my car back and what really happened !!

What can I do, There is only one Mserati dealer in Vancouver Canada. Is there any phone number I can call to compain other than the dealer itself?

Please help !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes yes !!

I got it back yesterday !! I was too happy , so I forgot to post update. I also been to the Vancouver Ferrari and Maserati party. Some pictures here:

It is fine this morning when I started the car. I love it !!

Hope you will get yours soon !!!

Thanks again every one !!

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes yes !!

I got it back yesterday !! I was too happy , so I forgot to post update. I also been to the Vancouver Ferrari and Maserati party. Some pictures here:

It is fine this morning when I started the car. I love it !!

Hope you will get yours soon !!!

Thanks again every one !!
What that your car that parked next to mine? I was taking bets if you would smoke my GS Spyder while parking... HAHAHA ;) JK... it just looked like you were having issues parking :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts