Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any Gran Turismo owners on here give me any feedback on the Bose audio system. I am a true audiophile, and the Bose OEM audio systems I have heard in other cars leave much to be desired. Is it also true that there is no Ipod/mp3 player input?. Is it also true that there is no USB connectivity for the audio hardrive?. If so then anybody (like me) who has a lot of music on a ipod or computer would have to burn those tunes onto a disc then load each disc manually into the CD player? I cant seem to get an answer from my dealer here in Tampa. Normally I would replace the audio system here but I hate the thought of having the GT's interior taken apart to accomodate this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the Mas GT with Bose option,

the sound is amazing, even on high volume settings, just what we need.

there is no ipod connection yet/no usb connection, i put it on writable cd's and load them into the car, it's a shitty job, i hate it!! but the sound is much better than the ipod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up my GT in Tampa yesterday. Unfortunately I couldn't find any connections for Ipods/MP3 players. You will have to record all your MP3 on to a CD and then transfer it to the Bose system. If you have Audio CDs the process is longer as the system will firast convert it to MP3 and then on to your system.

When is your car due as that could have an impact on whether it comes with USB connectors or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine shipped in January. A granito with red interior.
I am guessing that it does not have the USB input unfortunately. The job of burning all my ipod music onto CDs will be a pain in the ass. I have over 600 songs.
I allso want to get satellite radio. Has anybody installed this in GT?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts