Well, not quite ;)

But I have the speedo showing 10kmh even when I am standing still :confused:

Does anyone else have the same?

Got to love Italian engineering LOL

PS: We definitely need a LOL smiley ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
They all do, the speedo is pegged, so it never goes to 0. I heard someone say once that it is because they look fast even when standing still.

I think that it is an Italian car thing, as my Ferrari does the same thing.

Eric

·
Registered
94 Posts
Reminds me of when I was 17 with a 1970 VW beetle. The speedometer stopped working so I took the thing out, fixed it, but noticed that the needle sat just above the zero peg, not against it like I expected it to. So, I wound the needle around a couple of revolutions to pre-load the spring some more and then re-installed it. Problem was, the way it was supposed to work was with NO pre-loading of the spring. So, no matter how fast I drove (maybe as much as 73mph) I couldn't get that needle above 15!! Multiply whatever I saw by 5 and I was good!

·
Registered
491 Posts
these analog guages are most accurate with the middle range, and least accurate toward either end of the range. Most italian cars have a pin to stop the needle at about 10-15 mph when stopped.

Nah, Italians don't consider you are driving if you are even moving the needle :)

jess

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.