Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a six month wait it's finally here. Grigio Touring with beige leather, black contrast stitching, black carpets and black headliner. I took a few shots over the weekend (the F430 was on loan from my dealer as I'm thinking of getting one).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the positive responses.

Not that I would kick it out of bed but the Lamborghini looks out of place with the beautiful lines of the Ferrari and Maserati.
Funnily enough I posted these pics on another site and most people remarked that the Gallardo and GranTurismo made the F430 look old. I have to say that you can see it is a 10 year old design when it was sitting beside them .... no offence intended to F430 owners/afficionados.

Here is another pic taken at my Porsche dealer.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I see a big problem with your car.........

steering wheel on wrong side @@@@

ha...

great picture.. good luck with it...

I am waiting on a black on beige GT .. should be in USA in about a month.... any problems with yours (early to say) I have heard that the lower side panels in some cases....have "waves" in the metal.... yipes....

any tips or things to be aware of with this car...?

thanks
JD
NJ, USA

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are no flaws to report on my car with regard to build quality and the sill covers (rocker panels) are smooth and have none of the wave effect others have reported. The only slight issue I've had thus far is with a function we have here called TMC which alerts the navigation unit to any traffic congestion to allow it to reroute to avoid it. This service is provided by one radio station in the UK and for some reason my Nav unit will not lock onto it. Other than that the car is fantastic and I particularly love the noise of the exhaust. It really growls under load but quietens down when cruising which is just perfect in my book.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
WOW! It looks right at home with the exotics (remember Maserati has announced the GT's are NOT exotics but rather luxury sport coupes. LOL! RIGHT! GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Am I the only one that read it right...

The Ferrari dealership "lent" you an F430 becasue you are thinking of getting one?

I always knew FerrariMaserati of Beverly Hills sucked.

;[

·
Registered
793 Posts
Very nice combo and very tempting indeed!

However, I seem to gravitate towards the Bentley GT but there's nothing wrong with what you bought!

It's a beauty. Use it well.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Am I the only one that read it right...

The Ferrari dealership "lent" you an F430 becasue you are thinking of getting one?

I always knew FerrariMaserati of Beverly Hills sucked.

;[
Yep, you read that correctly. They have even even offered me a June 08 factory production slot to my spec which I'm mulling over but F430 used prices are on the slide in the UK at the moment and with the F149 and F142 due out in the next 18 months or so I'm not so sure a new F430 is a great idea. A Scuderia would be a different prospect altogether but there is between a 12 and 18 month wait for that car. The Ferrari dealer I got the car from is also the Maserati agent and I've bought a 360 from them in the past and convinced my father to buy a GranTurismo from them too (he collected his on the same day I picked mine up). The dealer is part of the Penske empire as are the Lamborghini and Porsche dealerships I use so I've spent a lot of £'ssss with the group in the last few years hence why they "lent" me the F430 to attend a Ferrari GB event over the weekend.

....... I seem to gravitate towards the Bentley GT but there's nothing wrong with what you bought!
I've never been a big fan of the Bentley GT until they launched the Speed model but GT's are fairly common place here now and have a bit of an image problem as they are the favoured choice of wheels of our premiership soccer players.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Awesome cars, all! Congrats on the Maser though, it looks mint in the shot from above; kind of make the 430 look a bit geeky but the I've always been a front engined fan....Have fun.

·
Registered
793 Posts
...I've never been a big fan of the Bentley GT until they launched the Speed model but GT's are fairly common place here now and have a bit of an image problem as they are the favoured choice of wheels of our premiership soccer players.
We have quite a few here in our area of Northern Calif but no image problems.

Every owner with whom I have spoken reports no problems (M/Y 2006 and up), and that's what's encouraging.

I have had it with M-B, afraid to commit to Maserati, and enthusiased by the GT.

So it's in my near future.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Yep, you read that correctly. They have even even offered me a June 08 factory production slot to my spec which I'm mulling over but F430 used prices are on the slide in the UK at the moment and with the F149 and F142 due out in the next 18 months or so I'm not so sure a new F430 is a great idea. A Scuderia would be a different prospect altogether but there is between a 12 and 18 month wait for that car. The Ferrari dealer I got the car from is also the Maserati agent and I've bought a 360 from them in the past and convinced my father to buy a GranTurismo from them too (he collected his on the same day I picked mine up). The dealer is part of the Penske empire as are the Lamborghini and Porsche dealerships I use so I've spent a lot of £'ssss with the group in the last few years hence why they "lent" me the F430 to attend a Ferrari GB event over the weekend.

I've never been a big fan of the Bentley GT until they launched the Speed model but GT's are fairly common place here now and have a bit of an image problem as they are the favoured choice of wheels of our premiership soccer players.
Nice GT. Congrats..!

Yep, agree with you I'll hold on as prices seem to be on a slide around here. Glad I did not go for the 612... I NEED 2 usable back seats :D

I'm holding my breath for the 8 cyl Fezza, which is likely to hit the shores in October (or a tad earlier) and then decide for the GS replacement.

Nice to have a 360 as a loaner... agree the Scuderia is on a completely different ballpark, but guess that's not meat for a loaner :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.