Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although everyone's experiences are different, including driving habits, local weather (AZ is HOT), etc... I've been keeping a log of general maintenance for my GT since I picked it up in 2019.

2016 GranTurismo Convertible, purchased with 15k miles on it.

I'll keep this post updated as years go on, hope it helps someone else by seeing actual costs. Later this year, I'm planning to replace the differential oil, coolant, and brake fluid.

The local dealer I bought it from offered 8 oil/filter changes (every 6 months for 4 years) for ~$600.

11/1/19
Oil/Filter
Battery - Warrantied

3/1/20 - $1500
Tires

3/4/20 - Warrantied
Timing Cover Leak on Left, Valve Gasket Job
Timing Cover Gasket, Front Cover Gasket, RH Head Cover Gasket, Spark Plug Sleeve Gasket (8), Solenoid Gasket, Rotating Shaft (ROTSHAF) Gasket
Rubber poly-V belt for water pump control

6/9/20 - Warrantied
RH Catalytic Converter

10/1/20 - $95
Replace driver forward/reverse seat motor
Labor: 1 hour

11/1/20
Oil/Filter

12/1/20 - $65
Replace convertible top tension spring
Labor: 15 minutes

1/1/21 - $300
Brake pads
Labor: 2 hours

2/1/21 - $450
Rear Passenger Side Window Regulator Rebuild (using metal parts now, not plastic)

5/10/21 - $80
Replace air filter with BMC reusable
Labor: 15 minutes

5/19/21 - $145
Replace RH Wheel Acceleration Sensor (OBD Code C1021)
Labor: 1 hour

6/7/21
Oil/Filter

6/8/21 - $550
Rear tires lasted 9,000 miles, discounted/pro-rated warranty applied to replacement of Pilot Sport 4S

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was lucky it happened under warranty, around 15k miles. Dealer said it’s pretty common and it probably will start leaking again in another couple years. The engine just gets so hot, so that specific gasket wears sooner than normal. Also a fairly time intensive job... not sure if I would DIY it, but I really would want to.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Only 9,000 miles on the rear tires, down to 3/32nds... replaced with a pro-rated discount since they're rated for 15,000 miles. Even wear so it's not an alignment issue, just too much spirited driving apparently.

·
Registered
2016 Maserati GranTurismo Converible
15 Posts
That's great info, but I wish I'd seen it a couple of months ago 😎 Have you really brought it in a dozen times in the last year and a half...?!

I'm bringing in my 2016 GT convertible for the first time this Monday, and now I'm a little worried. Not as hot here in San Diego, but I have been driving mine a bit spirited too...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No.. most of the easy things I just knocked out myself. Anything that takes half a day to full day I’ll probably have someone else do it.

The window regulator cloud have been a DIY but the shop I took it to replaced the plastic pieces with metal and thus offered lifetime warranty on that.

Also, the place I bought the car from offered a 4 yr oil change service, every 6 months, for a crazy price.... they also recommended to perform oil changes a bit sooner than once a year... I was planning for every year, but they mentioned the car burns up a bit more and I’ve actually personally noticed it by having to buy another quart of oil and topping it off by maybe 1/2 quart... doesn’t seem too common from what I hear others experiencing, but since they mentioned that and that’s exactly what I’ve seen, that’s what I’ve done. It was less than $1k for 8 oil changes over 4 years, along with a bunch of other extras, tint/detail/etc..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts