Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just over 1200 miles on my GranSport and it cost me another $60K+. What happened? My wife fell in love with it and decided she wanted to start taking it out on weekend drives. She spent two weeks with a Spyder while I was waiting for the GranSport to arrive and got hooked. Guess she got tired on driving the LX470 all the time. My solution...Just picked up a 2005 Boxster S for her. She doesn't know yet and gets back from a "girls weekend" in Cancun on Sunday...I'll surprise her then. She wanted to stand out so I got her Speed yellow...it also has the 19" wheels. Downside is that she is hesitant to use a stick so I had to get a Tiptronic vs. the 6speed manual... I haven't had much time with it...just drove it back from Dallas. But as I get to put it through its paces I'll give you guys some feedback on how the experience compares to the GS. The GS is by far my choice but I think the Boxster will be fun to throw around...and you can't beat being able to drop the top every once and awhile

Park Place was great and found a car with all my specs that was on a boat to CA...made the swap and now I have it. Kids are upset that they can't ride in it(oldest is 6) but just found out that I can have dealer put a switch to disable the passenger airbag...will be done next trip to Dallas.

All in all I think its a great addition and while I'll tell her its because I wanted her to have a special car...we'll all know it was partially to keep her from driving mine, especially since she used the auto mode.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know what u mean... letting the wife drive the car can be a high cost risk.

I had to take the mini van up country one weekend and she got to drive my GS.

I called her later in the day to check on how she was doing with the car. She just kept going on on how how powerful it was, how guys were smiling at her, and how much attention she was getting in town.

Had to wrench/pry the keys out of her hand when I got back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I feel your pain, Tyler.

My I leased an '05 MB CLK500 for my fiance because she loved it. Then I traded in my H2 for an '05 Cayenne Turbo, and not she is really digging that car. She says she wants at least a Cayenne S, but thankfully she'll wait until her lease is up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
WDMinnow
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing