Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news, my potential car just got in. I'll do my best to post some pictures tomorrow when I drop by the dealership. As some of you know, I have a choice of 2 cars, Nero black or Fuji white. The Nero car came in. At the time, I had limited opportunity to change options so this is how the car came in, the Fuji white is completely to my specifications and will be in Jan. 05:

hi-fi system
brake calipers aluminum
door mouldings carbon fiber
heated/memory seats
aluminum passenger foot rest
mercury grey rims
skyhook suspension
spare wheel
xenon lights

It have mixed emotions as I'll reserve my judgement on purchasing the car until I see it in the flesh. Some of the options I wouldn't have ordered myself, specifically the carbon trim and mercury grey rims, but like I said when I see it in the flesh tomorrow I might change my mind. My dealer said he can change the rims to either the regular alloy or ball polished if I want to. The Fuji white won't be in until Jan 05 so it will be a tough decision to wait as by then it will be the dead of winter out here in Ohio.

I'll keep you posted.
Phil
8)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm leaving for the dealership now. Its still up in the air. As its often the case, its all emotion, if I'm not feeling it, I'll wait for the white. I'll chime in tonight when I get back.

Phil
8)

·
Registered
252 Posts
If not 100% happy wait for the one you want, To many times I have rushed into buying a car then later on would be unhappy as car was really not exactly the way I wanted. Your not planning on driving in the winter anyway are you? When I got my M3 my plan was to be able to slap on some snow tires and use in winter but once I saw how nice car looked and very low front end I realized I would never drive in winter. So if you take car now you would only have a couple of weeks driving if lucky. Here in the Boston area we already got a 6 inch snow storm and now lots of sand on streets and my Spyder is a mess as I want to at least drive till end of November. Your car will be way to nice to subject it to winter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So, what did you think???

I assume your dealer is MAG, correct? They are my dealer as well.

Brad

·
Registered
14 Posts
careful in winter

the coupe's and spyders arent exactly great winter cars anyway, regardless of snow tires.. with the intake snout behind a cutout in the front air dam, that you have to be careful to avoid puddles in the summer, snow and sand could be even worse...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
mpphotowerks
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing