Maserati Forum banner

My Gransport is almost here !!!

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  microfuelcellar 
#1 ·
My new Gransport arrives tomorrow. I had a 2003 Maserati Spyder but had to have a Gransport. Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
My Gransport is almost here...as well!

I'm as psyched as you seem to be! What a fantastic color. I wasn't aware they came in that kind of red. Gorgeous. That was the precise color I always wanted for my MGB GT, back when I had one that was Halloween Pumpkin Orange with a flat black hood, since the guy who sold it to me raced it and was blind in one eye and couldn't take the glare off the hood!

My GS photos can be seen in the posts by Maserati of Minneapolis over the last couple of weeks in their efforts to advertise its sale. Black on black, just like Sweater's. Love to compare notes as we get accustomed. Is this your first Maserati? Feel free to email me.
Carl

PS: In checking out "Members List", I was curious as to what constitutes the various ratings like "...off the scale" and "...unknown entity" and "on a distinguished road"??

#13 ·
Where did you get that color?

Just speaking w/ TR from Maser of Minn and we're both wondering where you got that paint from. Did you custom order? Doesn't look at all like the stock red for GS model. TR characterized it as "Black Cherry", I say: "Black Cherry Wine"! Either way....it's absolutely gorgeous! Tell us more about it!
Carl

#18 ·
my dad has also ordered a GS and it should be here by 20th March. i came on this forum to see what guys thought of it and its pretty much been all positive. if anything im more excited then my dad is! its metallic grey exterior and red leather throughout with black piping.

#19 ·
panny said:
my dad has also ordered a GS and it should be here by 20th March. i came on this forum to see what guys thought of it and its pretty much been all positive. if anything im more excited then my dad is! its metallic grey exterior and red leather throughout with black piping.
congrats! you've got a dad with good taste!
be nice to him and he will let you have the GS in the future. ;)

#21 ·
microfuelcellar said:
Just speaking w/ TR from Maser of Minn and we're both wondering where you got that paint from. Did you custom order? Doesn't look at all like the stock red for GS model. TR characterized it as "Black Cherry", I say: "Black Cherry Wine"! Either way....it's absolutely gorgeous! Tell us more about it!
Carl
The color is Bologna Red... It is a standard color for a regular Maserati but it is considered out of range for a GS.

#23 ·
microfuelcellar said:
I'm as psyched as you seem to be! What a fantastic color. I wasn't aware they came in that kind of red. Gorgeous. That was the precise color I always wanted for my MGB GT, back when I had one that was Halloween Pumpkin Orange with a flat black hood, since the guy who sold it to me raced it and was blind in one eye and couldn't take the glare off the hood!

My GS photos can be seen in the posts by Maserati of Minneapolis over the last couple of weeks in their efforts to advertise its sale. Black on black, just like Sweater's. Love to compare notes as we get accustomed. Is this your first Maserati? Feel free to email me.
Carl

PS: In checking out "Members List", I was curious as to what constitutes the various ratings like "...off the scale" and "...unknown entity" and "on a distinguished road"??
Good luck with your new GS.... Feel free to contact me about becoming a member of New York area Ferrari Club (yes we allow members that do not own Ferrari's) We have several parties every year and many weekend runs with our cars.

#24 ·
Response to Scott63's post...

Thanks for the offer. I'm from South Jersey, right outside (Southeast of)Philadelphia by about 15 minutes. Does that qualify for membership in your NY group? I can recall my membership in the MGB club. My father had a '71 and later a '77, both British Racing Green, and I just had the '73 1/2 MGB GT, w/out the big rubber bumpers and emissions junk. It certainly gave us something to bond over. Clearly, I'm an emancipated man, now that I've finally graduated from MGs to Maserati, 20 years later!! Ferrari next....???? One never knows...do one??

By the way, Scott63, can you share your reasons for moving so definitively away from the Spyder to the GS?? I'm leaving an '04 CC, but that's clearly an upgrade related decision. You're leaving the convertible behind, which complicates the decision matrix a bit. Just curious. You can also email me anytime at carl.underland@carlislemg.com
Thanks,
Carl

#25 ·
microfuelcellar said:
Ferrari next....???? One never knows...do one??l
would you really say Ferrari is an upgrade? personally, i wouldn't....IMHO
it's a differenct class/taste of people.

If I ever would 'upgrade' it would be either an 8C. AM or a Bentley but
certainly not a Cavallino Rampante.

cheerio
iwan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.