Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I traded my 04 CC daily driver for a Ferrari 575M (Manual) Daily Driver.

Just wanted to give you a quick update 1 week into using the Ferrari as a daily.

The Maserati seems to be a more intelligent layed out car with a bit better build quality. The Ferrari has all of the Ferrari quirks that Maserati seems to fixed (sliding mats/wacky parking brake/odd alarm).

From a creature comfort point of view the Maserati is more of a classic GT Sports car.

Most of these items I am fixing on the 575 with aftermarket goo. New Stereo with Nav that is nicer than the Maser's Infotainment (Alpine IVA-D105 w/ iPod, NAV, BT, CD/DVD, Rear Camera) Remote Trunk Release, and Auto-Dim Mirror (with Garage Opener).

Performance/Handling, there is no question. The 575 is a well refined monster. The sound is tremendous (Tubi). It makes all other issues disappear in a heartbeat.

Below is a pic of the new ride. I do miss the Maserati and I am sure I will end up with another someday. However, I have no regrets, the 575 is amazing.

-dsd

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
8 series

I can see a lot of the BM 8 series from that angle - another fabulous car.

And I bet the neghbours just hate you ;-)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats!
Really sweet ride!!!
I appreciate the comparison. PLease keep us updated as time rolls on. I'd really like to know how the 575M stands up as a daily use car. I may emulate your transition some day.....though not anytime soon-still loving the GS!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Congrats!
Really sweet ride!!!
I appreciate the comparison. PLease keep us updated as time rolls on. I'd really like to know how the 575M stands up as a daily use car. I may emulate your transition some day.....though not anytime soon-still loving the GS!
Thanks again.
Coming from a 550 I must say they (Ferrari/Maserati) are totally different animals. I would wedge the Maser for DD, no doubt. But then each has a different experience and values/appreciates what the car offers in different ways.

Nero on nero? Carpets ? Daytona seats?

As for servicing, big ticket are cambelts ever 3 years. Yearly service a bit steeper than Maser.

But granted it will put a big smile on your face everyday. Congrats..!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nero on Nero with Silver stitching. Daytona seats with Grey inserts.

19" HRE w/ Yellow calipers on Big Brake kit.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice ride. That took a bit of looking to find a 575M with 6MT. I kicked around the idea of picking up the actual 550 used in the movie "Bad Boys II", but considering the condition of the car, the asking price was way too steep. But still it would have been cool..."Bad Boys, Bad Boys, what'cha gonna do when they're after you..."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts