Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a ticket tonight. Yes I drive a Maserati and yes I drive it hard. Street races and 0-to-speed limit are a way of life. Can you believe no tickets since 1983???????

So tonight, Plano Texas' finest ticketed me. BECAUSE MY ALARM SYSTEM IN MY HOUSE MALFUNCTIONED AND TRIGGERED A PANIC ALARM..... When they got here they noticed my alarm permit expired in February and wrote me a $270.00 ticket. LOL! It really is the first ticket since I've had the Maser :cool:

BTW No tickets since 1983 with a Viper, a Dodge stealth TT, a Maserati, a BMW 540i, a Toyota Tundra V8 (and the one that I LOVE to lay rubber in, my Jeep Wrangler). Please be knocking on my wood (no offense to my Indian friends). :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
How do you do it Buzz?

This is worth knowing.

I'm now in Dallas and about to get into the Maserati family, methinks. These are things I need to know.

Best!
~Andy

·
Registered
111 Posts
I got one on Gaston Ave a month ago... 57 in a 35 :mad: Major speedtrap. Got one in my E55 doing 110 on I - 20 last year ... Thank God I called in a favor :cool:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is worth knowing.

I'm now in Dallas and about to get into the Maserati family, methinks. These are things I need to know.

Best!
~Andy
Andy! Good to hear from you again! So you made the move. Are you out by SMU? Time to get the QP. Let us know when you get her and we'll go crusing.

Buzz

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got one on Gaston Ave a month ago... 57 in a 35 :mad: Major speedtrap. Got one in my E55 doing 110 on I - 20 last year ... Thank God I called in a favor :cool:
Do you have a radar detector? If mine beeps even once I behave myself :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
ummm... long story.... my bracket broke on the one in my truck so I put the one in my car in the truck while getting it fixed.... :rolleyes:

Looks like big storms again Tuesday and all week. Our get together is a coin toss again :mad:

·
Registered
201 Posts
No tickets my first 8 months in Dallas, then 2 in one day recently. Both were courtesy of Richardson for 45 in a 35. When the police car came up behind my F355 the second time, the opening scene in Cannonball Run flashed through my mind. I almost did it.

In Houston I used a radar detector, but got nailed by a cop in a plain SUV who paced me w/o radar at 100 mph.

Yes, 80% chance of storms tomorrow. Tornadoes + hail = everyday things in Dallas this Spring. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't know, but it was keeping up with the other trailers. The twister cut a path of devastation through my Texas neighborhood. Initial estimates put the damage as high as $6.50.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, my first ticket since I got my Maser was driving my mother back from a doctor's appointment (she fell and broke her knee) in her 1994 Taurus. I wasn't paying attention and drove straight through a right turn only intersection, after a full stop and careful checking (except of course, careful checking for the right turn only signs! Duh!).
So, as I am parking in the next block, the cop comes up on his motorcycle and tells me what I did. He even politely waited around while I helped my mom across the street to a restaurant, and then wrote me up.
What really sucks is that in Calif you get a sort of free pass in that you pay the ticket, do traffic court (a two hour process on the internet), and nothing shows up on your record. The catch is you have to wait 18 months until you can do the traffic court thing again, and I have 9 more months to go. So I have to be extra careful in my Maser.
Sucks!
Mike

·
Registered
111 Posts
Andy! Good to hear from you again! So you made the move. Are you out by SMU? Time to get the QP. Let us know when you get her and we'll go crusing.

Buzz
welcome to the world of potholes and crap all over the place... smoked 4 tires on my Benz here before I figured out non-pothole routes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know, but it was keeping up with the other trailers. The twister cut a path of devastation through my Texas neighborhood. Initial estimates put the damage as high as $6.50.
wow... a total loss.... at least your F was OK :D

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Mosher, I think this lady wants to knit you an F430 -

Don't let the cat near your starter Ferrari.

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL! Is that CDF's F355? VERY nice. Isn't his Maser some girlie color too? :D
I bet his grocery getter is a teal Ford Aerostar. :rolleyes: You can't teach class and taste.

At least the seats are soft in that 430 :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mosher, I think this lady wants to knit you an F430 -

Don't let the cat near your starter Ferrari.
Dude, gotta get the F430 steam cleaned

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
My maserati does 155...

...but haven't lost my license (yet).

0 -> speed limit is fun, but speed limit -> 120 is where this car completely rules. Lots of sh!ts and g!ggles playing with some wannabee boy racers in Porsches and M bars on 95 coming back from DC yesterday.

Then got a chance to stretch out the legs a bit on a long, straight stretch of RT 1 in PA - I chickened out at 155, but the car had plenty more to go.

The USA needs an autobahn! I would happily pay-to-play for such a private roadway. And no, a track isn't the same thing...unless they add a 3 mile straight... ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts