Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am a motor head who has been dreaming about a Maserati for a very long time now. Being a car enthusiast in my mid 30’s going through midlife crisis NOT J I have decided to invest into an MC Stradale 2014 +. I have done my research on the forum so I won’t be asking typical questions however appreciate everyone’s inputs and experience on what might sound primitive questions. I am married and I was just blessed with a new born baby so some of my questions would relate to that.

• As a family man would you recommend a Stradale a GT or a GTS and why - to a great extent I am set to invest into one of these anyways?

• Is the stradale a strictly 2 seaters or 2 small people can fit in the back. I have seen pictures on newer models with back passenger seats not sure if that was a wrongly advertised stradale or a GT.

• Can a Stradale fit a baby car seat or would a GT / GTS be a better option or should I forget about the idea of a car seat all together.

• Any watch outs using a stradale or a GT as a daily driver other than obvious fuel consumption.

• Does the new version of the Stradale come with roll cages , is it visible I have only seen it in old models.

• Can the exhaust system be controlled and silenced at times ?

• Has anyone ventured into Novitec supersport compressor and ECU upgrades , specifically asking about the brand do you feel there is better brands out there that would give you a good bang to the buck and HP output at the moment I am only looking at compressors / Intakes and ECU upgrade not planning to play with the exhaust system yet.

Thanks All - Happy new year.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tons of questions there Alex, and little time:

-. i have a 2 seater. i can get my three boys in the back for short journeys (like 30 mins) without problems. there are NO SEATBELTS back there though, so it is a huge risk

- the stradale will be a better investment, if you plan to keep more than 5 years.

- per se it does not use more gas than a normal GT, but with RACE mode set you will tend to use more foot pressure! So yes, it does about 5 Km/l in my case

Go for it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tons of questions there Alex, and little time:

-. i have a 2 seater. i can get my three boys in the back for short journeys (like 30 mins) without problems. there are NO SEATBELTS back there though, so it is a huge risk

- the stradale will be a better investment, if you plan to keep more than 5 years.

- per se it does not use more gas than a normal GT, but with RACE mode set you will tend to use more foot pressure! So yes, it does about 5 Km/l in my case

Go for it!
Thanks Azapa for the reply . yes I am a keeper , I invest in cars and keep them. with that being said Stradale seems like the direction I am going , the new models seems to have back seats and also seat belts. perhaps one question from my end is there anyway to silence the exhaust system , I had loud cars all my life with X pipes headers etc however this will be a daily driver and my wife post delivery is not fond of my loud cars anymore . the way I am trying to sell it to her is that this car is smooth and the sound can be controlled from Zero to Hero :) , is that a fair statement.

·
Registered
84 Posts
yes that is fair. a stradale in "sport" mode is quite quiet and civilized. For a lot of family use: get the newer 4 door. For an investment and toy factor, get the 2 door.

·
Sponsor
450 Posts
Later model Stradale's have been made more civilized street cars, with normal seats and rear benches, removal of the roll cage and normal sound insulation.
Whilst visually from the exterior they do look extremer, they aren't internally.

The "old" Stradale's optionally came with two bucket-seats and a cage as a track day/pure driving car.
Rear seat in a GranTurismo isn't bad, certainly compared to Porsche or older Maserati's.

In terms of modifications for more power,
Yes a supercharger can be done it's quite costly, I only have a handful of clients that ever did it.
I need to check with Novitec what the kit is retailing at i recall a conversion is €30k or so.

Please do keep in mind forced induction would seriously add stress to the clutch and shorten clutch life if not properly calibrated and up rated.

If you're looking in to a GranTurismo + such modifications there are other options too besides supercharging.
A revised intake manifold running individually throttle bodies should give healthy gains, and retain the high revving aspect of the Ferrari engine.
Not only that but it would literally sound like a F1 car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Later model Stradale's have been made more civilized street cars, with normal seats and rear benches, removal of the roll cage and normal sound insulation.
Whilst visually from the exterior they do look extremer, they aren't internally.

The "old" Stradale's optionally came with two bucket-seats and a cage as a track day/pure driving car.
Rear seat in a GranTurismo isn't bad, certainly compared to Porsche or older Maserati's.

In terms of modifications for more power,
Yes a supercharger can be done it's quite costly, I only have a handful of clients that ever did it.
I need to check with Novitec what the kit is retailing at i recall a conversion is €30k or so.

Please do keep in mind forced induction would seriously add stress to the clutch and shorten clutch life if not properly calibrated and up rated.

If you're looking in to a GranTurismo + such modifications there are other options too besides supercharging.
A revised intake manifold running individually throttle bodies should give healthy gains, and retain the high revving aspect of the Ferrari engine.
Not only that but it would literally sound like a F1 car.

Super helpful - I think I would go the Stradale way either pearl white on red interior or blue on white. I have not been lucky with my transmition on most of my cars , I have a heavy foot and I like the throttle effect. however going down in a transmition in a Maserati does not sound good at all. I also have been always naturally aspirated so wont go down the supercharge route , ill go for an intake and a throttle body at max.

perhaps last question from my side how can the exhaust be silenced is it the driving modes , street, race , etc or would it have its own button to activate / silence.

Police in Dubai are very serious on loud exhausts you can go from a hefty fine to impound plus the silencing aspect is a good selling point to my wife.

Thanks.

·
Sponsor
450 Posts
Well if you properly maintain the F1 it's quite good, especially GranTurismo having so many improvements over 4200GT & 360 Modena.
These cars if maintained even respond well to being driven often I have seen a number of client cars with very high mileages.

You can control the sound with the Sport/MC button on the left hand side next to your navigation screen.
The button not only controls the sound but also throttle response, shift time and pattern and suspension setup.

And in terms of induction upgrades and other tuning we have a host of parts and packages to suite any taste.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts