Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work the car started slipping in 1st gear, and 2nd gear.
Stopped at light and it would not move. After a couple of minutes it started to go, but was slipping. Got to work and called dealer, was picked up in 30 minutes. Only has 6,100 miles, and has been driven carefully with sport always on. Hopefully not burnt clutch, but maybe bad F1.
Wish me luck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So

On my way to work the car started slipping in 1st gear, and 2nd gear.
Stopped at light and it would not move. After a couple of minutes it started to go, but was slipping. Got to work and called dealer, was picked up in 30 minutes. Only has 6,100 miles, and has been driven carefully with sport always on. Hopefully not burnt clutch, but maybe bad F1.
Wish me luck.
Sorry to hear that!....What year is it, any symptoms earlier? Please keep informed on dealer's diagnosis

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is a 2005, bought last July new from dealer. No other issues, except occasional
squeal when pulling away from stop.

·
Registered
431 Posts
get clutch report and tell em to adjust it. If they replace the clutch tell em you want to keep the old clutch for a project. When and if they replace the clutch ask to see the computer OBD2 connected to your car to see reading zero clutch wear.

I trust dealers as far as I can throw them!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I had this issue once and when I turned my car off and on it went away.

I suspect some issue with clutch sensor that cleared itself when I restarted car.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealer called, claims can't find any problems. Car has been driven by service advisor and head mechanic. Asked about clutch report, says was normal, will call back with report, etc. before I pick up the car. Will have them do 6,000 service and brake flush while there.
What else can I do.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dealer called, claims can't find any problems. Car has been driven by service advisor and head mechanic. Asked about clutch report, says was normal, will call back with report, etc. before I pick up the car. Will have them do 6,000 service and brake flush while there.
What else can I do.
Exactly same result with my car.

They said there had been issues with CC harness pins coming out but they checked and mine were fine.

And it hasn't done it since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts