Maserati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Clutch position sensor died (if it's not an auto). But strange you have the other code, so could be something electronic as answered previously. CPS is only one thing that could happen but that wouldn't throw the other codes...
I was thinking the same thing. As far as the other codes it could be cause I need a front passenger side strut and the back brakes were starting to squeak lol...idk those could of triggered the other codes. And from what I read, they say I might as well get a new clutch if I'm going to change the sensor vague it's same labor

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. As far as the other codes it could be cause I need a front passenger side strut and the back brakes were starting to squeak lol...idk those could of triggered the other codes. And from what I read, they say I might as well get a new clutch if I'm going to change the sensor vague it's same labor
Hey Damien, any updates? It's been 7 days since your last post.
Good luck and I hope it was something truly simple like a new battery.
Many of these units were sold with a battery tender when new I believe, so the manufacture knew they could indeed be electrically impaired so to speak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Waiting on the shop. With the holidays everything is backed up. I will update. Thanks for all the great advice from you all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It's a dual select

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pulled into the gas station and stopped at the pump and my 05 Qp engine shut down and went into neutral but all the lights stayed on. The transmission failure light is now on and check engine light as well as suspension light. The car will not start now, starter doesn't even turn over. Battery is charged. Plus the emergency brake is not holding the car from moving. Can someone please help me diagnose this thanks in advance. Car is at 80k miles and battery is new. It drove just fine from Indiana to Wisconsin, stopped for gas and that's when the problem happened.
change this small thing and say hello to my little friend

3,316 Posts
3,316 Posts
That is NOT what is wrong with your car...When it fails it causes a check engine light and the car runs fine..I have replaced like 150 of those things on Land Rover Discoverys...Same part with different calibration... Jason

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
That is NOT what is wrong with your car...When it fails it causes a check engine light and the car runs fine..I have replaced like 150 of those things on Land Rover Discoverys...Same part with different calibration... Jason
Damn Jason, I wish I knew you back in my Disco days. My hill decent light from 15 years ago is still burned into my pupils lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Waited all this time for this smh... and that said the e-brake wire is rusted through, so that's why that doesn't work. So now I'm trying to figure out the nearest service center for this model and year.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why did they take the job on if they do not have the specific diagnostic kit for the car? you have gained more knowledge than them it seems just by joining this forum!

I hope they did not charge you for their basic diagnosis.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I explained the issue before hand and they still insisted on me sending the car there smh.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Remember the "force-feeding" comment I made earlier in this thread? This is exactly what I was talking about. Ferrari flags in the window mean nothing. If they don't work on these cars regularly (as in one in shop nearly at all times) then be prepared to bend over.

My advise is ship it to a dealer immediately. They will pull the data from the SD and give you a really high estimate on the repair. At that point you can decide to repair the car there or pay the diagnostic fee and ship it to someone else who, again, understands these cars and has the proper equipment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Correct, that's the plan as of now.
I called the bergstrom masserati dealer near me, it's located in Appleton Wisconsin and they said they only service 2012 and up year models smh. I have an 05

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Correct, that's the plan as of now.
I called the bergstrom masserati dealer near me, it's located in Appleton Wisconsin and they said they only service 2012 and up year models smh. I have an 05
That's a growing problem. You need a Ferrari/Maserati dealer with a SD3. Going forward, many Maserati dealers can't service them and many Ferrari dealers won't want to, assuming they keep the software. I've already seen SD3 devices for sale after the dealers upgraded to SDX. The SDX works on legacy Ferraris, it won't work on the Maseratis.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts