Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled into the gas station and stopped at the pump and my 05 Qp engine shut down and went into neutral but all the lights stayed on. The transmission failure light is now on and check engine light as well as suspension light. The car will not start now, starter doesn't even turn over. Battery is charged. Plus the emergency brake is not holding the car from moving. Can someone please help me diagnose this thanks in advance. Car is at 80k miles and battery is new. It drove just fine from Indiana to Wisconsin, stopped for gas and that's when the problem happened.

·
Super Moderator
3,998 Posts
How new is new for the battery? That has all the hallmarks of a low / flat battery.

First step would be to disconnect it for 20 minutes, then connect it up and try again.

C

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I disconnected the battery and put it on a charger. Charger shows that the battery is now at 12.9...I put the battery back in the car and car still doing the same thing. Now the radio is asking me for a four digit code🤦🏾‍♂️ when I open the door i can hear the pump priming so i know that works,
But when i turn the key all I hear is a buzzzzz from the starter and those same fault lights are still on the dash. And it say drive slowly to dealer lol cat dosen't start so that's impossible🤷🏾‍♂️😂🤣

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
You are limited in what you can do at a simple gas station without any real support. I think the battery is marginal. It needs a jump from a brick looking thing, not another vehicle. If symptoms are the same even with a known good battery (which yours isn’t, in my opinion) I think you need a flatbed. Towing on the ground is not recommended for these cars. Wish I had better news for you. Where are you? Maybe there’s another owner around who could provide shop advice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are limited in what you can do at a simple gas station without any real support. I think the battery is marginal. It needs a jump from a brick looking thing, not another vehicle. If symptoms are the same even with a known good battery (which yours isn’t, in my opinion) I think you need a flatbed. Towing on the ground is not recommended for these cars. Wish I had better news for you. Where are you? Maybe there’s another owner around who could provide shop advice.
Thanks, I used triple A and had it towed home already. There is where I charged the battery. I've been reading others post and they speak of f1 position sensor failure and they had similar near spot on symptoms. As of now it's still not cranking and transmission failure as well as all the other lights are still flashing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there any other way? The nearest shop that service the year and model I have is 200 miles away lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't really see another way...Probably not a lot of those cars in Packer land....sorry....Jason
🤣😂🤣 yeah I've only seen mines. Jeez I have no more tows left and the cheapest tow wants $600 to get it to nearest service smh. I was hoping there were ways to troubleshoot at home. On the other hand thank you all for your time and info with this matter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the t bar of the reverse lever snap off on a project QP of mine last week, and once I disconnected that unit from the loom I had similar issues to those you listed, I am still new to these cars but it sounds like you have a similar related issue so have a look round that. It could be that for some reason your car thinks its in gear so wont allow the engine to crank over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the t bar of the reverse lever snap off on a project QP of mine last week, and once I disconnected that unit from the loom I had similar issues to those you listed, I am still new to these cars but it sounds like you have a similar related issue so have a look round that. It could be that for some reason your car thinks its in gear so wont allow the engine to crank over.
Im not good in the mechanic area lol what's the T bar exactly?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
$600 to carry it from Green Bay to Milwaukee (120 miles)? Maybe you could call around to local independent repair shops that say they work on Italian cars - any of them: Alfa, Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati. Ask if they have a Leonardo diagnostic system (it's a laptop with custom software). That could check many systems on yours.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
$600 to carry it from Green Bay to Milwaukee (120 miles)? Maybe you could call around to local independent repair shops that say they work on Italian cars - any of them: Alfa, Fiat, Ferrari, Maserati. Ask if they have a Leonardo diagnostic system (it's a laptop with custom software). That could check many systems on yours.
Thanks, yeah these places is high for towing smh.. thanks, I will call around and ask.. I'll update you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im not good in the mechanic area lol what's the T bar exactly?
The little lever that puts the car into reverse, mine snapped clean off, I understand its a common fault.

Given you were at a gas station have you read the threads around issues with refueling these cars and the vapour valve? As I am also new to this model I have been reading up on all the threads relating to known faults with the QP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The little lever that puts the car into reverse, mine snapped clean off, I understand its a common fault.

Given you were at a gas station have you read the threads around issues with refueling these cars and the vapour valve? As I am also new to this model I have been reading up on all the threads relating to known faults with the QP.
No I haven't, point me in the direction

·
Registered
24 Posts

1 - 20 of 69 Posts