Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove into work this morning and without going into too much detail, an articulated lorry cut me up and ripped the front bumper off at one side. I was stationary at the time.

I dread to think how much a new bumper may cost...

It looks like there is no damage to any metal work, so maybe I am relatively lucky?!

So upset.:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jalpa_Mike said:
Thanks. Have checked on Eurospares website (I'm in London) and it's around £650 for the bumper, but suspect if lights are damaged etc. the cost will be a hell of a lot more. If there is anyone out there who has had a similer repair job and can guide me on cost, I would be really grateful. I am keeping figures crossed that at worst it is just the bumper assembley and maybe one light...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Ollie said:
Thanks. Have checked on Eurospares website (I'm in London) and it's around £650 for the bumper, but suspect if lights are damaged etc. the cost will be a hell of a lot more. If there is anyone out there who has had a similer repair job and can guide me on cost, I would be really grateful. I am keeping figures crossed that at worst it is just the bumper assembley and maybe one light...
That's some bad luck... the owner of the lorry should be insured, so no worries other than the nuisance :mad:

On repair jobs, talk to Shane at Prestigerestoration; top guy which does a top job. Web site is http://www.prestige-restoration.co.uk/

Say Eduardo told you to contact him; he'll give you a good estimate for the work and will make a great repair/paint job. And also down in Surrey (just off the M25) so not a major issue to get there.

I can possibly arrange for a 10-15% discount on the spare from Lancasters; but Eurospares are usually cheap. Talk to Kevin or Claudio.

PM me if necessary.

Ed

·
Registered
660 Posts
Lorry = Truck in the US

also

Stone chip = Rock chip in the US... (and there are many others that come to my mind)

Heheheee, at least I can watch the NFL so my ears don't get too much out of sync.

But good fun :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Troesma said:
Lorry = Truck in the US

also

Stone chip = Rock chip in the US... (and there are many others that come to my mind)

Heheheee, at least I can watch the NFL so my ears don't get too much out of sync.

But good fun :D

i was thinking he was saying "Larry" (some big wrestler from the UK) or something, then i read articulated. (what the Fu$%ck, i don't think a wrestler can be articulated)

my second guess was , OK maybe he was talking about a monster...to confusing, but that sucks man.

we all feel your pain, i will pray for the car's quick recovery

-willie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. The other driver's insurance company are paying in full and direct to the garage so looks like it will only cost me in inconvenience.

It's a worry that some insurers may settle 50/50 to avoid any further costs, meaning the innocent party (aka me) would be left with an excess to pay and loss of no claims bonus.

All seems to be OK and I can continue to plan my drive to Ireland over new year...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts