Maserati Forum banner

my 2002 spyder cambiocorsa wont start

10K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  willie 
ah thanks, i'll try the above, just fmi, is a new pump expensive ?
check with a mechanic, some times it is just the relay that burns out. this happens because it overheats and then i just cooks.

if it is just that then you are looking a a cheep part, if the pump fail then they need to replace the relay and put a new pump + change the hydro. fluid

this is very common for our cars. i personally feel that there is really no reason to take it to a FM dealer. any good mechanic can fix this.

our cars are very very simple. no special tools or crazy bold like bmw or MB. (the key work is "metric"):D

if you want to feel more comfortable and don't really care about the extra cost then just take it to the dealer . the other solution is going to the dealer for the parts, and taking it to ether a good Italian mechanic or a guy you trust.

i have a great relationship with the part guy at my dealer and he always helps me out and tells me how to do the maintenance so i can tell my mechanic.

hope it's not to bad and good luck...

-willie

thanks man,

i am going to start to replace it every year now. stupid little part :)

i wonder if Ferrari's have the same problem?

-willie

Just a quick update on my car. It's been fixed for $2,700 :(
It was due to the memory seat that didnt switch off, killing the battery. They had to change that module + a new battery.
I feel better driving it again, i was already fed up with my wife's car :p
did it include a hot girl for the day?

or maybe a butler for the week?

or at lest a Maserati baseball cap?

i REALY hate to agree with the rest, but if you did not get a HAPPY ending;) you need to get your money back my friend...

"If it is a Maser official dealer, I would raise the issue immediately with MNA. If you sorted this at an independent, guess you've been done."

It was a maserati official dealer. The only thing that shouldn't add up to the bill is a diagnose for my nav system (not working) for around $150. The rest is fully for the diagnose and repair of the issue due to the memory seat.
What is MNA ?
MNA = Maserati North America

call the new jersey number and talk to customer service or dealer service or service in general. the office is really small and they only have one or two people for each department. the warranty department is like one person and a phone.

this is good because you can talk to the main guy and get them involved.

good luck man...

-willie

p.s. so i guess no happy ending ha ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.