Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my 911 turbo but definitely not as exciting and exhilarating as the GT-S that I drove for 2 days.
Here are the pics of this beautiful masterpiece.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It has the 599 gearbox, which I believe is close to the Scuderia gearbox as well. And correct on the GT. Future GT-S will NOT have the Ferrari gear box, my dealer said it was a cost issue.
The normal GT uses the ZF real automatic and the GT-S uses the Ferrari superfast which was put in the 430 Scud and the 599 GTB. the F430 had the slower gearbox, 100ms shifts vs the superfast which is 60ms.

I have not heard that the GT-S would discontinue use of the Ferrari superfast unless it went to the Getrag 7 speed SMG which the new Ferrari California uses and is the same as BMW uses... Can anyone here confirm the rumor and find out what tranny they are planning on using?

If not I will hook up with the powertrain guys at Maserati on my linked in and find out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I like my 911 turbo but definitely not as exciting and exhilarating as the GT-S that I drove for 2 days.
Here are the pics of this beautiful masterpiece.
So the question is would you rather own a thomas kincaid or a leonardo divinchi?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have not heard that the GT-S would discontinue use of the Ferrari superfast unless it went to the Getrag 7 speed SMG which the new Ferrari California uses and is the same as BMW uses... Can anyone here confirm the rumor and find out what tranny they are planning on using?

If not I will hook up with the powertrain guys at Maserati on my linked in and find out.
My dealer has said repeatedly it would be an auto. Their finance person saw something in the Maserati ordering system for 2009 regarding the trans change. Thats all I have heard on it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts