Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think some of you have the same problem that I have with mine....previous owner was not exactly careful with the vehicle and suffered some road abrasion to the bumper lower lip due to scraping. As such, you can't just simply touch this up with a pen unfortunately and have to go the 'respray route'. Anyone did this with their cars yet and if so, what has been the experience?

From the looks of the underlayment of the paint, it seems that the GranTurismo has a white base on which the paint sits on. Somewhat unusual but then again, Maserati has or at least had its own unique paint process when these cars were produced and most likely, this is waterborne paint. Blending is always the most challenging aspect of this repaint process since this paint is somewhat unique (Blu Inchiostro). Hopefully my guy that I use can do this properly so that the front repaint completely blends in with the entire car. Otherwise, the car is in decent condition.

Once that is done, WhiteDetailing method will be applied to fully correct any paint imperfections to restore to 'as new as possible' look.

Some pics of where things stand right now..

Car Sky Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly worth looking into once the paint correction is done but then again, this will essentially cover the damage spots without spending the $$ on full bumper repaint...Thanks for the tip! (y)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Another source for well made skid plates: Premier Motor Sports in Carson, CA.....310 666 5504....Dave Freed.
I just paid a little over $500 for a full skid plate for front bumper for 2018 GT delivered Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts