Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
lazerx said:
The guys at my local dealer in philadelphia said they couldn't sell me a gransport exhaust because they had to protect the exclusivity of the gransport owners.
I call BullS**T on that statement.

I have a Non-GrandSport Spyder with the GrandSport exhaust. The Service department warned me that I might be unhappy with the sound level due to the open cockpit. Obviously the valves are always open since I don't have the vacuum connection. To me, the pipes are still a tad too quiet but I am not unhappy with them. They have a sweet burble on downshift.

If I had a Coupe, I would probably want more sound.

·
Registered
695 Posts
lazerx said:
Bcube does the gransport exhaust give you the same pitch as a gransport without check engine light problems. As others are suggesting removing cats which is too many probs. in the long run
I should clarify. My Spyder CC has the Grandsport silencers/mufflers only as mentioned by FD - not the complete exhaust sys. I have never heard the exhaust on a Grandsport, so I can't comment. I don't know what other differences may exist.

As a FYI, I am attaching two photos that show the headers at the steering components (past the precats and before the main cats - if I remember correctly). Note how the pipes are flattened for clearance of the steering rack.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.