Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got our first wet weather of the season in N CA, which after 5 months of totally dry means salad dressing forms on the street. My car was already dirty, so we took it on some errands in the light rain.

I thought I'd break it loose into a wide corner to an empty on-ramp to see what happens. Low speed, but some gas in 2nd. What a surprise, physics beat the MSP, and the car slewed about 30 degrees past 90 before straightening out. My wife was startled but took it surprisingly well.

Guess you can't fool mother nature all the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
and I thought I was the only one silly enough to try that

I did the same thing after a little rain. Scared the shit out of me because I didn't want to wreck my car. Did you notice how well you were able to keep it under control? I was able to correct and look cool at the same time. I thought I saw one of my audiences mouth "cool". Saved face and saved my car. Lessoned learned though.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it was pretty much one big wag instead of a two-sided fishtail. I was surprised that it wagged at all, definitely eye-opening when the MSP had seemed more of a fun-killer at other times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts