Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Has anyone tested whether clutch engagement and gear/clutch speed is faster with MSP off?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My experience with my seat of the pants testing says that it is much faster in terms of engagement.

If you REALLY want the car to have a quick clutch engagement, etc. I suggest the drive by wire Jeff launched recently!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Also going to "sport mode" on the GS will eliminate a bog off the line as MSP intervenes.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I drive with MSP off 95% of the time

have noticed clutch engages much faster.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I drive with MSP off 95% of the time .
Do you drive your Maserati daily, or just weekend stuff? I'm asking because I drive mine daily and it seems like the MSP save my ass all the time. I don't know my car's limit yet, so maybe I'm wrong...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Daily driver---

Do you drive your Maserati daily, or just weekend stuff? I'm asking because I drive mine daily and it seems like the MSP save my ass all the time. I don't know my car's limit yet, so maybe I'm wrong...

I live in the Bay Area and do not get to drive balls out enough to need MSP. Weather here is excellent so no need for MSP...I do use it on rainy days.....my experience with MSP/ASR in the MBZ is that it kicks in infrequently, almost always in raining/oil slicked roads.

But as others have noted, w/o MSP, the car engages a lot better in 1st/2nd

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys: Thanks for the replies. I notice that with MSP off, engagement of 1st is definitely quicker. Wonder if this would result in lower clutch wear?

Anyone know someone at Maserati to obtain their comment on the above?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts