Maserati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I want to test the GTS's capabilities in a twisty road somewhere near NYC area. A track that I can pay to enter all by myself would be nice too.

Recommended locations please?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You don't say where in NY you're located but the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville, NJ is a good option. I don't believe they rent the facilities to individuals but rent out to car clubs for track days. The track has been open for about 4-5 years. Check it out.

Track Rental | New Jersey Motorsports Park

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I don't think you will find a better location than Monticello Motor Club anywhere on the east coast...
Monticello Motor Club
Your right, but can you just take your car on Monticello? That is an amazing track and setting. Just give me something other than a CTS-V to drive around it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Take 9W to the Bear Mountain Bridge, then bear right (pun intended) and take a twisty ride up the mountain. There's a scenic lookout spot about half-way up. Take the round about at the bottom to 9D, then a right onto 301. You can jump onto the Taconic from that or keep going into Carmel . It gets boring at the end of 301 so you could just backtrack, it's worth repeating.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Take 9W to the Bear Mountain Bridge, then bear right (pun intended) and take a twisty ride up the mountain. There's a scenic lookout spot about half-way up. Take the round about at the bottom to 9D, then a right onto 301. You can jump onto the Taconic from that or keep going into Carmel . It gets boring at the end of 301 so you could just backtrack, it's worth repeating.
Lol, Bear Mtn. Pkwy would've been my 2nd suggestion...just thought it might be 'lil too far upstate for his purpose :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
I used to ride sport bikes and that was my favorite place to ride. Still is but now in my GT. I'm only 15 minutes from it.

On the route you suggested I'd add taking the Sprain to the Bronx River Pky to the Saw Mill River Parkway North. More twisties ;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
I used to ride sport bikes and that was my favorite place to ride. Still is but now in my GT. I'm only 15 minutes from it.

On the route you suggested I'd add taking the Sprain to the Bronx River Pky to the Saw Mill River Parkway North. More twisties ;)
Exactly dude, except the Saw Mill has too many stop lights....I used to ride my motorcycle taking that route, all the way to Poughkeepsie :cheers:

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^
You do have to be a member there in order to enjoy what the place has to offer. Cheapest membership is about 35,000 USD a year, and the high end membership is 125 Grand. It is however possible to drive your own car there for a full day, with an instructor, for $2000 as a guest (non-member). Problem is, Monticello is closed for the season and will only reopen in January or February, if I recall correctly.

·
5,887 Posts
^
You do have to be a member there in order to enjoy what the place has to offer. Cheapest membership is about 35,000 USD a year, and the high end membership is 125 Grand. It is however possible to drive your own car there for a full day, with an instructor, for $2000 as a guest (non-member). Problem is, Monticello is closed for the season and will only reopen in January or February, if I recall correctly.
Pay to play. The OP didn't mention any budget restriction so I threw it out there. Yes, closed for the season and for good reason. Unless someone lives in a warm climate, this isn't the time of year for testing performance capabilities.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just drove that route today, all the way up to Carmel and back the same route. Great fun. I surely will be driving there again. Took me roughly three hours, including a stop for water and Kit Kat. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nope, it was completely dry and about 40 degrees. Without paying attention I wrote "today" when actually I meant "yesterday". Conditions were good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts