Illinois Spyder said:
I also have a 2002. What updates are you having done? Is there a way to know what software version a car has?
I don't know how to tell what revision of CC software is installed. The dealer's handling the update lookup and implementation. He thought
the car would probably need:
- Fuel line connector recall
- Steering column recall
- CC software update
- Clutch replacement/update ('one-tang' to 'two-tang')??
- Radio reception update/fix (I don't want an external antenna)
I asked them to look at/fix a bunch of niggling little problems:
- Both valvetrain covers leak oil
- Transaxle weeps fluid (very minor leak)
- Cruise control decrement ('-') switch doesn't work
- Most vent trim rims are losing the 'chrome' plating
- Trip fuel mileage always shows under 1 MPG
- Ash tray cover won't stay closed
- Passenger door spring steel hinge is loose
- Emblem on passenger side (just behind door) is bent away from body
I also damaged the spare tire heat shield, so I asked them to quote replacing it.
We'll see if they can hcomplete all of those items during the 2 weeks they're keeping the car. I'm supposed to pick it up on Saturday morning.