Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't know if you've noticed, but the four different quattroporte based spycars on worldcarfans.com all have the same license plate number ( XO23579 ).

I heard on one site that a dealer claimed one set of these photos was actually a mule for a Porsche Panamerica. Obviously something doesn't add up!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just my 2 cents on this one...

Got to chat big-time with Maser chief mechanic at my dealer today (had the car in for a rear suspension check.) I usually get an extra mile here and there with them, maybe 'cause of being a member of the UK Maser Club, who knows... anyway, queried him on the new Coupe.

Initial reply: well... (a smile and not much else)

Softening things up, commented 2 things (pulled in-between lines) : there might be 2 models, based on 2 different platforms. One (with a shorter wheelbase, a sort-of Mini Coupe) will be sharing the same platform with the Alfa Brera, the other will in effect be a Quattroporte Coupe on the Maserati Transaxle platform. This in fact seems to confirm something known for several months (at least it has been rumored by the UK Maser Club).

In between we both inspected the underside of my car when standing up in one of the workshop platforms. Had only my Blackberry with me, so unable to take photos.

Ed

·
Registered
530 Posts
the Brera is FWD (or AWD) that'd be a departure for Maserati! And does the premium platform get the V-8 or stay with the V-6?

curiouser and curiouser

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry if this is already well-known - I ready last night in a mainstream car mag that the new Alfa coupe will have a 4.7 liter engine derived from the current Maserati 4.2.

I guess that means the new Maserati coupe will have a 4.7 also, to achieve decent production volumes for at least the engine in the 2007 cars, maybe more highly tuned than the Alfas?

Hope the (smaller?) spyder gets the same mill. And how about a Ferrari F470 /480, anyone?

·
Registered
35 Posts
New Coupe

The MNA rep I spoke with during the Monterey Weekend told me he has seen photos of the new coupe and claims that the digital composite shots that have been floating around the web are not accurate. He said the car is much more aggressive in appearance than the "shortened QP" composites would lead one to believe.

He also said something about a reveal at the Geneva show in 2007, with the car being a 2008 model. The US will see the last 2006 coupes this year with none slated for US production - something about EPA standards - but Euro production will continue with a 2007 model.

I'm not sure how accurate all this is - especially with me trying to test drive an MC Victory and listen to production news, so take the above with a grain of salt....

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i believe an updated A6 GCS pinin look with a large mouth and slightly lowered headlights and an aggressive long hood is what to look for.

i would imagine the coupe (QP chassis) will drive very differently than the MCV.

·
Registered
15 Posts
maserati of minneapolis said:
I don't think there will be a Euro coupe for 07. Last we heard even the factory tours were shut down, for the change-over to the new model.

Both the Maserati and Ferrari factories shut down for the month of August, to give the employees a summer break. They have been doing this for years.

So if you plan a trip to see the factories, don't plan it in the month of August.

·
Registered
773 Posts
secrets of the future? not secrets

the paint is not even dry fellas, on your cars. i remember when i was your age. well i almost remember. i would go down the night before, and peer through the papered windows. to poor for early showings.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
if maserati / pininfarina design a sports hatch it will be a lot hotter than that.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Alfa 8c

The Alfa 8C production version will be on the auto show in Paris. Motor is confirmed as we speculated:

V8 90º 4.691cc 450Hp @ 7.000rpm max rev 7.500rpm. 470Nm at 4.750rpm 80% of max torque available from 2.000rpm.

6-speed robotised manual gearbox....

That will be the basis for the future Maserati/Ferrari motor. Would they put the same motor rebadged in the Maserati QP Auto and new Coupe or tune it a bit more to squeeze out a bit more Hp (470?) ??? Then an F480 Ferrari with 550Hp or a V8 Dino wirth around 500Hp and a V10 F500 with even more?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts