Maserati Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferrari came out with a new pump design to retrofit into the 360, 430 and 575 ferraris anyone know if this new pump design will work with our maser gearbox?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ferrari came out with a new pump design to retrofit into the 360, 430 and 575 ferraris anyone know if this new pump design will work with our maser gearbox?
Head,

I am not positive about a "new" pump design but the original F1 pump motor that came out on the 4200 and F360 was #178757. The superseded number is #213264. This last number is to be used on (F1 systems) 4200, Quattroporte, F360, F350CS, F575, F612, Enzo, F430.

GCalo,
True, the F355 pump is about $8-$9K, since Ferrari only sells a complete assembly. But leave it to the owners to find alternatives. A few shops have figured out how to subsitute the F360 pump with a few modifications in place of the F355's original. Also, some owners have rebuilt the F355's pump electric motor/armature for well under $1000 much like "nomorejags" did his 4200 for $300.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those in need of the information

the new part number is 000248083

Side by side photo of the new and old pumps (old is on left side) There is to be a new bracket coming as well but it is not as of yet available the guys putting them in currently are fabbing up new brackets as necessary

·
Registered
793 Posts
---
GCalo,
True, the F355 pump is about $8-$9K, since Ferrari only sells a complete assembly. But leave it to the owners to find alternatives. A few shops have figured out how to subsitute the F360 pump with a few modifications in place of the F355's original. Also, some owners have rebuilt the F355's pump electric motor/armature for well under $1000 much like "nomorejags" did his 4200 for $300.
Of this I am sure and thanks for mentioning. Creativity is the mother of invention and let's all be thankful for that. Nomore jags did a great job. I commended him at that time.

I can check my databases for the F1 pump upgrades after Sept 1 when the folks are back to work in Italy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
F1 Pump

I work for a FM dealership. We have traced most of these failures to the Relay. $40 at our dealership. The relay fails in the on mode and the pump runs all the time and overheats.

I would replace it ---once a year.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow! that is news!

David: Do you just ask the Service Writer to write up a "F-1 pump relay switch wire"? If not, what specifically do you ask for? Also, $40 does not even buy me a 1/4 hour labor at my FM dealership. Is the $40 of which you speak for the part itself and then there's a labor charge? If so, what would you feel is a fair labor charge?

Than you very much for this tip!

·
Registered
71 Posts
David,
What is the part number for the relay and is it the same to all cars?If not, what is the number for the 06 QP? Also, is it easy to change or do I need to see the dealer for that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
Without going too off topic, does anyone have the contact info for companies that can rebuild the current F1 motor. I have my old one that seemed to only have minimal wear and thought that it would be wrth rebuilding and having on hand.

TIA

·
Registered
262 Posts
Let us know as soon as they are available I have my eye on an 06 GS blue with only 555 miles on it.
What're you waiting for?! It doesn't get any better than an '06! Seriously, if you like the car, you should have approx. 2 years or so warranty left on that one. That is if it's pre-owned. If it's dealer NOS, I'd imagine you'd get the full warranty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts