Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty.

I'm getting my money's worth on this forum ;)

Ok...

I'm parking my car... I pull up the "emergency brakes."

Is it just my car? Or does the car roll a little before it "settles."

If I'm in my garage - all is cool.

But on my driveway - there's a little "tilt" to it and the car rolls enough for me to say WTF.

God forbid if I lived in San Francisco.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does something need to be replaced.

Gene

·
Registered
340 Posts
Lots on comments on the board about the parking brake being pretty useless for anything but a conversation piece.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You need to adjust the parking brake cable, the adjustment is under the trunk area between the 2 muflers(That is where it is in my QP). In my car, when you are in gear and shut the engine off it will lock the trans. in gear and the car will not move or roll. The problem is if you want to leave it on on the driveway and your parking brake don't grip enough-then you need to adjust it. You will see 2 cables-one from each wheel and where they meet you will find a nut that will tight the cables.

Good luck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Parking on a slope

My 02 CC used to do this. What was worrying was that leaving the car in reverse or 2nd gear did not stop the car rolling downhill (even on a modest slope). First gear only for parking!

What is worrying me more is my 07 GS behaves differently - even first gear does not hold it on a slope! Fortunately the hand brake (parking or emergency brake?) does work (at the moment!)

Does anyone else find their car will "creep" when in 1st gear?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doron...

I'll never be able to adjust it myself.

But my mechanic can.

Do I just "cut and paste" what you said and give that to him?

Will he know what to do based on what you just said?

Gene

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it is the same way my QP parking brake is he will have no problem, it is very basic and takes 2 minutes. The problem with mine is that we adjusted it all the way and now it is better but not perfect, I think I will need either new cable or new brake pads for the rear wheels soon.Give it a shot and see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Parking Brake

Just wanted to add a little update to this thread. My son was washing my Gransport and noticed it was crawling down the driveway! I read this thread on how to adjust the parking brake and it only took about 2 minutes to fix it!

Just as Doron said, its a simple adjustment that anyone can do. All you need is a cresent wrench and/or a 13mm wrench. Here are some photos on what the adjustment point looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hand brake /Parking Brake

Totally useless on my car. have tried to adjust it but she just doesnt click and the handle is looooooose!

My need cable and/or need new handbrake shoes. Doesnt panos have the correct proc?

If anyone is replacing their handbrake please can you be so kind as to do a proper right up with pics.

Have noticed the rust underneath so I have decided to winterise the car with Hammerite and underseal.

4200 cc with TUBI baby! oh and BMC and soon the denso plugs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It rolls a bit then stops but I have to pull the parking break way up as far as it will go. I don't park on any hills anymore just in case. I'm going to try to adjust mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts