Maserati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, driving home the car slipped into neutral, couldn't pick a gear. Stopped, restarted, all good.

Sunday, driving home (a 1 hr 45 min drive) my car did this multiple times.

Symptom was the revs would fluctuate, then it would move to neutral. No CC light, no apologetic beeps. Usually with the CC if you grab neutral yourself, you can hit the "up" paddle and it will pick a gear.

Not so in this case, I coasted to a stop multiple times (no drive engagement), turned the car off, then on, and was able to drive another 1/4 mile or so (each time) before having to stop again.

After about 4 or 5 of these stops, I noticed that the symptom was tied to shifting from 3rd to 4th, and in fact I was able to reproduce it at will driving the rest of the trip home. I tried to shift from 3rd across 4th to 5th and the same symptom appeared.

After I figured this out (luckily I was only a few miles frome home) I was able to drive home without stopping by staying in 3rd. The car drove very solid in 1st, 2nd and 3rd (both sport and normal) with no clutch slip or odd behaviour. Road conditions were essentially flat.

Dealer once fixed a similar issue by having the CC re-learn the shift patterns.

I was not loading the car up a lot in 4th, it just seemed like it couldn't find the gear.

Will prob take the car to the dealer this week. Anyone else have similar issues?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts