Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted Modena Tec in Neustadt, Germany and it turns out that they sell a set of larger anti sway bars for the Coupe/ Spyder.

They are adjustable, and are much thicker than stock and are 100% stiffer (look nice as well in powder coated blue).

The down side is the price - 1500 Euro plus 19% tax + shipping

Has anyone tried these? Do you think that they are worth the price? My shop tells me these will make a huge difference to teh handling especially when coupled with the Formula Dynamics springs and will also reduce the cowl shake on my Spyder (not sure how though since the bars are attached using rubber bushings).

I have also heard that Eibach makes a stabilizer kit but I have had no luck on either their US or EC website finding any reference to them. I have had no luck finding any others.

If I cannot find a less expensive alternative - I think that I will end up trying the Modena Tec models.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'd guess that a stiffer bar would increase cowl shake, but I'm no expert.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stiffer Bar

That's kind of what I thought too - more bending force applied tranverse to the body.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Eurospares.co.uk indicates that a thicker bar is used on later coupes vs earlier coupes. I've wondered if it might be a bolt-on upgrade for us early model owners.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Swiss used those Modena Tec bars he said they were excellent and had an Eibach part number on them...but only appearantly available through Modena Tec...also something was stated in the install about the rear bushings not being large enough to hold the new sway...it had to be drilled out or something...if we could get a deal on these I would be down...they will go great with my coilovers to stiffen up my Coupe...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting. I would definately be in with a discount as well. Ali said he is going to email them and see what they can do.

How did Swiss get around the bushing problem?

·
Registered
518 Posts
drilled out the stock units...not the best choice if I do the mod I will have some polygraphite bushings made PST does custom castings on that type of stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts